Change in Terms for New Customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

downthedoor

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
For the people considering D*, the standard receiver commitment time is now 18 months. The advance receiver is still a 24 month lease, but the prorated fee is 20 dollars per month (as opposed to 12.50). D* has changed these terms somewhat quietly, and the only way to find the new terms is to click the offer details at the bottom of the page. www.directv.com/agreements has not been changed yet, but I am sure that is to come.

Only time will tell if this will keep sup away (or keep them)...

most people i know don't change every time the temp changes and have never had any concern for this, but it is good to know just the same. not sure how quietly the change was/is, as any time the change the terms they send a notice in the bill and / or let subs know , as that is the law i think.

I think the average new subscriber isn't going to care. They want it and they'll get it regardless of the extra length of the commitment.

For the people considering D*, the standard receiver commitment time is now 18 months. The advance receiver is still a 24 month lease, but the prorated fee is 20 dollars per month (as opposed to 12.50). D* has changed these terms somewhat quietly, and the only way to find the new terms is to click the offer details at the bottom of the page. DIRECTV - Understanding Your Agreements has not been changed yet, but I am sure that is to come.

Only time will tell if this will keep sup away (or keep them)...

The dtv site has yet to change because the policy has not changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.