Change lmb type

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beas0536

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 28, 2013
Tn
I need to change my direct tv reciever from a swm type lmb to a multi switch, but cannot find where on the set up menu to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

I need to change my direct tv reciever from a swm type lmb to a multi switch, but cannot find where on the set up menu to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Menu-Settings-Sat and Antenna-Repeat Sat Set up ...
from there it will find the dish set up portion, it will say something like SWM3, you'll want to change it to whatever your using now, once you move off of the SWM, you'll be able to change from SWM to Multiswitch.

This is from memory because I don't want to run thru the process on mine.

Theres a Warning of some sorts in there too, hit the DASH and proceed.

You may need to do a reset in order for the change to take. Going from swm to non swm is a pain. Non swm to swm is easy, it self detects.

Jimbo already described it. You have to go through the setup in the menu as if it's a new install, and you may need to do a reset. For some reason it's difficult to get the swm to non swm setup to work.

Have you ever seen one that would not change back to non swm? If so, what then? Have direct swap the receiver?

Have you ever seen one that would not change back to non swm? If so, what then? Have direct swap the receiver?

Sometimes you have to try a few times but they will always change back. You have to connect the receiver to the non-SWM dish first, and then follow Jimbo's directions. When you select "multiswitch", the dish selections will no longer be grayed-out and you can change the dish type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts