Change to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steveandtracy7

Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have been a Dish customer for years. They never offered local HD channels in my area but I enjoyed the national hd channels Dish offered. I found out Directv offered local channels in HD so I added Directv. I am very satisfied with picture quality, customer service and having local channels in HD is much better than most of the hd programming Dish offers, such as VOOM. In February, I am cancelling my Dish service as my contract expires. With the future of HD programming Directv will offer, coupled with all other aspects, Directv has won me over.

Well Dish plans on adding more locals in HD in the future. Either way going to Direct you might end up with less HD programing. Direct is adding more HD but most of that will be locals. There still a good chance they will not have as much national HD Channels as Dish does.Overall Dish still the HD Leader and I dont see that changeing. Just something to think about before jumping the boat.

Well Dish plans on adding more locals in HD in the future. Either way going to Direct you might end up with less HD programing. Direct is adding more HD but most of that will be locals. There still a good chance they will not have as much national HD Channels as Dish does.Overall Dish still the HD Leader and I dont see that changeing. Just something to think about before jumping the boat.

So you dispute the fact that D* has place sats up in the air reciently and has two more specifically for HD use going up in the spring even though this has been D*'s plan for the last year and a half and they have followed thier original plan all along.

D* is adding locals and also will have the capability to add anothe 150 HD channels when the sats are up and done testing.

Can you name 150 HD channels (national) ? Didn't think so.....

How is it that DISH will continue to be the HD leader when they don't have any plans to upgrade their sats or add any sats in the near future ?

Oh ya, DISH will come begging D* to take them on so they can survive in the HD world without spending any money to improve thier own situation.

The sat that DISH bought from VOOM, is just that, they bailed VOOM out and is using that Sat, they have done NOTHING to improve their own situation.
They would not have these 30 HD channels had it not been for VOOM's demise

What happens when that sat is filled up, or is getting old ???

Jimbo

Overall Dish still the HD Leader and I dont see that changeing.

Don't see that changing! Get real! D* has 2 new satellites going up by next summer and will have the room for all HD channels that come up for a long time into the future and will have the space to send them out at full bitrate. One other thing, D* can still provide DNS for those that legally qualify! :D

I have been a Dish customer for years. They never offered local HD channels in my area but I enjoyed the national hd channels Dish offered. I found out Directv offered local channels in HD so I added Directv. I am very satisfied with picture quality, customer service and having local channels in HD is much better than most of the hd programming Dish offers, such as VOOM. In February, I am cancelling my Dish service as my contract expires. With the future of HD programming Directv will offer, coupled with all other aspects, Directv has won me over.

Good to hear that your happy with D*. I've been with them for 7 years now and have no complaints at all. I've never paid a cent for any equipment including my original install and a change to HD equipment, additional cableing and a new 3 lnb dish. I will be upgrading soon to the HD DVR and 5 lnb dish with a couple more cable runs at little or no cost. D* takes care of their customers very well. Don't let the other providers fanboys bother you! I actually find some of their posts rather amusing. :D

Good to hear that your happy with D*. I've been with them for 7 years now and have no complaints at all. I've never paid a cent for any equipment including my original install and a change to HD equipment, additional cableing and a new 3 lnb dish. I will be upgrading soon to the HD DVR and 5 lnb dish with a couple more cable runs at little or no cost. D* takes care of their customers very well. Don't let the other providers fanboys bother you! I actually find some of their posts rather amusing. :D

DITTO :up

I too think D* is the way to go. Since July I have gotten three SD DVRs, the HD DVR, two standard receivers, and two dishes for a total of about $40.

While I hear OTA HD is better, we are very happy with D* HD, and D* in general.

Don't see that changing! Get real! D* has 2 new satellites going up by next summer and will have the room for all HD channels that come up for a long time into the future and will have the space to send them out at full bitrate. One other thing, D* can still provide DNS for those that legally qualify! :D

Question is :
WILL they send them out at full bitrate ???

Let's hope so, and they should have enough bandwidth to up the PQ of the SD too., if they choose to do so.

Jimbo

Question is :
WILL they send them out at full bitrate ???

Let's hope so, and they should have enough bandwidth to up the PQ of the SD too., if they choose to do so.

Jimbo

When they have the space an awful lot of people like me are going to be very disappinted if they don't go full bitrate etc. I'm keeping my hopes up as D* is the only way I have to get anything other than my OTA locals although I could go back to BUD but I tore the dish down and took it to the recycling center 7 years ago when I went with D*. With the service/pq I've seen from the few E* installs in my rural area E* is not an option I would consider.

good choice, i'm next

After being with E* for 4 1/2 years I switched to D*.I don't have HD yet but to me
D* has better programming options and definitely a better standard receiver with
alot of better features.I even like D*'s remote better.I have the D11 with the RC23
remote.After 9 months with D* mark me down as a very happy D* subscriber.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)