Change Your Password

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using .us and it's still requiring me to log in repeatedly. So I've tried deleting the Satguys cookies (only two forms of it here) and we'll see what happens. FF 18.0

clearing the cookies for satguys did it for me. you should be ok now.....

I actually find that forced password changes are LESS SECURE. How do you remember something that changes all the time? You can't, so you write it down. That's when it's a real security risk.

A strong memorized password with a site that locks the account after 3-5 unsuccessful login attempts is much better IMO. But I'm glad the system here allows you to just enter the same one you used previously.

Only if someone breaks into your house and finds the list!

I really like that?? "Secure"....... on an internet forum?? That's a joke for sure! And just what would anyone have here that actually needs to be "secure" anyway except for the Admin and Moderators that have ACP access? And don't say PMs because the Admins can see those if they want. :rolleyes:

A lot of people send the DIRT folks sensitive information, account numbers credit card numbers, PIN numbers etc.

Just trying to give the folk an opportunity to keep their info safe. If they want to keep the same passwords then that is up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We now have web sites all over the internet enforcing security measures on passwords. They make you change it often, force you to choose a combination of letters and numbers that are impossible to memorize. The hackers and thieves still continue to get past the log in, so who are they keeping out? You and Me!

I use tapatalk and it wouldnt let me change it.. I had to do it from my desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)