Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As we mentioned on our SatelliteGuys Radio show, starting TODAY, January 15th we will put in a new policy requiring all members to change their passwords every 6 months (180 Days).

We are doing this to help protect your privacy and private information.

If you don't want to change your password then change it to something else then change it back, that is up to you. But we want to make sure we do what we can to keep your data safe!

Thanks for your understanding!

Last edited:
I tried to change mine but couldn't get the software to accept the new password. Repeatedly said the new passwords were not the same. It did allow me to reuse my old password though.

I had changed mine before but I do remember as a staff member I had to change it every 6 months anyways

Just changed my password and receiving many ads even though I'm still a pub member until the 28th.

Edit: Ads now went away.

Last edited:
Just changed my password and have all these ads, and I believe that my subscription still has 3-4 months to go. I'll come back later and see if these ads are still here.....

I got that message too. I really hate forced password changes, reminds me of state farm, they actually remember your previous passwords so you can't reuse them, but at least its different here and it can be changed back.

Just changed my password and have all these ads, and I believe that my subscription still has 3-4 months to go. I'll come back later and see if these ads are still here.....

I fixed it. For some reason it defaulted you to a regular member. I verified you still had 4 months left on the pub membership so I got that fixed for ya

There seems to be a bug for Pub Members / Supporting founders, so I turned the forced password change off for those members for now.

For those members it takes away their pub membership after they change their password.

Looks like this is a vBulletin bug for this version.

If you are a pub member who changed their password and are not seeing ads please report it here or PM me so I can fix your accounts.

Scott: "If you are a pub member who changed their password and are not seeing ads please report it here or PM me so I can fix your accounts. "m I have changed my email and used the activation link. Things seem normal now.

That's nothing, mine was 3047 days old :eek:

btw, the system lets you put in the same password that your old one was, resulting in no change.
Yup I did that for the folks who really dont care about protecting their security. :)

Just want to make sure I am giving a people a chance to keep their accounts secure. :)

I actually find that forced password changes are LESS SECURE. How do you remember something that changes all the time? You can't, so you write it down. That's when it's a real security risk.

A strong memorized password with a site that locks the account after 3-5 unsuccessful login attempts is much better IMO. But I'm glad the system here allows you to just enter the same one you used previously.

There seems to be a bug for Pub Members / Supporting founders, so I turned the forced password change off for those members for now.

For those members it takes away their pub membership after they change their password.

If you are a pub member who changed their password and are not seeing ads please report it here or PM me so I can fix your accounts.

Scott, I changed my password and am not seeing ads..

I am a pub member and I am not seeing ads.

Scott, I changed my password and am not seeing ads..

I think he meant pub member that changed password and ARE seeing ads. Normally, you should not be seeing ads if you're a pub member.

I think he meant pub member that changed password and ARE seeing ads. Normally, you should not be seeing ads if you're a pub member.

You may be right. BTW - Scott, your sig needs updating. ;)

Yeah haven't had a chance to edit it yet. Busy here at the office, plus the cold that had me sick in bed for 2 1/2 days seems to be coming back again. (grrr)

And yes, I did mean if you are a Pub Member who changed their password and are now seeing ads (when your not supposed to) please let me know.

I actually find that forced password changes are LESS SECURE. How do you remember something that changes all the time? You can't, so you write it down. That's when it's a real security risk.

A strong memorized password with a site that locks the account after 3-5 unsuccessful login attempts is much better IMO. But I'm glad the system here allows you to just enter the same one you used previously.

^^^This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)