Changed Cable Boxes @ grand parents house

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
Howdy.

My grandparents are going to be getting an HDTV this weekend. They had an old Scientific Atlanta 3100 (I think). TW swapped out the old SD box and now they have a 4250hd. I wanted to make sure the box was activated before we installed the HDTV.

Before I got to the house my mom tried to hook things up and said she got numbers on the screen, but when she talked to tech support things went badly.

I got things hooked up and had the 4 green dashes along with the "you need to call to activate" message. I called and they tried to "hit" the cable box. The tech person said I needed the coax in from the wall (duh) and that I needed to have coax going out of the cable box to the TV in order for the signal to "make it".

They tried a number of times and nothing ever worked. Any ideas? I was able to plug the coax into the old SD set and we get channels, so there isn't a signal issue from that stand point.

Think we got a bad cable box? COuld it be that they tried to activate it too many times so for some reason it shut down?

Any help would be swell.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)