changes are happening on august 4th,2016

Being added to the lineup:
The Garth Channel (Channel 55)

Channel numbers changing:
No Shoes Radio is moving from Channel 62 to Channel 57
Y2Kountry is moving from Channel 57 to Channel 61
Bluegrass Junction is moving from Channel 61 to Channel 62

Channels being removed:
Utopia (channel 55) being removed from legacy service, added to Xtra lineup (channel 341)
Tom Petty’s Buried Treasure (Channel 312) being removed from Xtra service, will remain online only.

Studio 54 seems to be changing formats to include newer music:
Much of the music you’re used to hearing on Utopia (Channel 55) will be available on Studio 54 Radio (Channel 54), which will feature the biggest dance hits from the ‘70s through the 2000’s all in one place starting August 4

Streaming update too:

What channels are you adding to my lineup?
The Garth Channel (Channel 55), the new 24/7, exclusive channel, will be curated and presented by Garth Brooks. The channel will feature music from Brooks spanning four decades, along with songs from artists that influenced his iconic career. This is the first time Garth’s music is being presented 24/7 in one place, on radio or online. The Garth Channel will be available on satellite radio, on streaming service and on the SiriusXM app beginning September 8.

Yacht Rock Radio (Channel 714) celebrates the smooth-sailing soft rock from the late '70s and early '80s. You’ll hear artists like Michael McDonald, Christopher Cross, Hall & Oates and other titans of smooth music. It’s the kind of rock that doesn’t rock the boat! Yacht Rock Radio was as a introduced limited-run channel in 2015 and because of the positive feedback it got, it will be available on the streaming service and on the SiriusXM app beginning August 4.

ONEderland (Channel 701) features five decades of artists who had one big hit … and that was it! R&B, Country, Dance, Rock, Pop, New Wave, Novelty, Instrumentals and more. 24/7, this is a collection of hits that started and ended careers … in 3 minutes. ONEderland was introduced as a limited-run channel earlier this year and because of the positive listener feedback we got, it will be available on the streaming service and on the SiriusXM app year-round beginning August 4.

Qué Funny (Channel 769) is a new channel featuring your favorite Latino comedians in English and Spanish, all in one place. Qué Funny brings you the funniest established and up-and-coming comedians from all over the world like Carlos Sanchez, Fausto Mata, Cristela Alonso, Gabriel Iglesias, George Lopez and many more. Qué Funny will be available on the streaming service and on the SiriusXM app beginning August 4.

The channels listed below will no longer be available on the streaming service or on the SiriusXM app beginning August 4.

The Girls Room (Channel 780) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more music from the biggest female artists of all time, please tune to Venus (Channel 3), Pop2K (Channel 10), The Pulse (Channel 15), The Blend (Channel 16), or Soul Town (Channel 49).

Holly (Channel 781) will no longer available permanently on the SiriusXM service, but will be available along with all of the other Holiday channels during the Holiday season.

Patriot Plus (Channel 797) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear conservative political talk, please tune to SiriusXM Patriot (Channel 125).

Progress Plus (Channel 798) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear progressive political talk, please tune to SiriusXM Progress (Channel 127).

‘90s/Pop2K (Channel 772) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more Pop Hits from the ‘90s and 2000’s, please tune to SiriusXM Hits 1 (Channel 2), Venus (Channel 3), Pop2K (Channel 10), The Pulse (Channel 15), or The Blend (Channel 16).

The Party category and the Party channels listed below will no longer be available on the streaming service or on the SiriusXM app beginning August 4.

Rockin’ Frat Party (Channel 774) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more Rockin’ Frat Party Music, please tune to Octane (Channel 37), Ozzy’s Boneyard (Channel 38), or Faction (Channel 41).

Hip-Hop Party (Channel 775) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more Hip-Hop music, please tune to Backspin (Channel 43), Hip-Hop Nation (Channel 44), Shade 45 (Channel 45), or SiriusXM FLY (Channel 47).

Pop Party Mix (Channel 777) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more Pop Hits, please tune to SiriusXM Hits 1 (Channel 2), Venus (Channel 3), Pop2K (Channel 10), The Pulse (Channel 15), or The Blend (Channel 16).

Punk Party (Channel 778) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more Punk Rock, please tune to Faction (Channel 41), 1st Wave (Channel 33) or Lithium (Channel 34).

New Wave Dance Party (Channel 779) will no longer available on the SiriusXM service. To hear more New Wave music, please tune to ‘80s on 8 (Channel 8) or 1st Wave (Channel 33).

http://siriusxmcommunications.com/channelupdate/faqs/.

Could someone please let dish know about the changes i sure appreciate it very much

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I'm a little disappointed that they're dumping Utopia to SXM 2.0/Online so quickly, and in favor of another "celebrity" format. And I'm not convinced anyone will be interested in an expanded Studio 54 with four decades of music.

Reactions: reddice and DWS44
Techno into disco sounds like a train wreck to me.
Yeah, "Studio 54 Radio (Channel 54), which will feature the biggest dance hits from the ‘70s through the 2000’s all in one place starting August 4" - I guess I will give it a listen, but I think you probably shouldn't mix more than two decades together at a time for dance music.

They kinda sorta tried that when The Strobe returned to Sirius a long time ago. They were doing 70's to a mid 90's mix. Was strange hearing KC & The Sunshine Band into Euro dance.

Reactions: jegrant and Tampa8
It is awful. I called in a cancellation today. I hope more people do to send them a message. Utopia is one niche format they did well and isn't readily available in other places (terrestrial, etc.). While I know the same music is available on Spotify, Pandora, and IHeart, I haven't found a channel with a similar mix. I would appreciate suggestions if anyone knows of another 'radio' source with a VERY similar format to Utopia.

Heard Brittney segue into Sylvester this morning. Didn't exactly work. It was the effect of watching 2 bullet trains collide.

Reactions: reddice
Admittedly, Utopia was a bit on the fringes of my musical taste, but I did have it in my presets to listen to on occasion. Like I said above...seems like they are cutting too wide a swath with combining Utopia and Studio 54. I dropped by the new format Studio 54 briefly this morning while driving and found The Rolling Stones playing. Nothing wrong with that, except that it doesn't fit with what folks who liked Utopia probably want to listen to, and I imagine vice-versa from the folks who enjoyed the existing Studio 54 format when they fire it up and hear Britney and other modern dance music. Strange move all around. I somehow doubt this experiment will last very long.

Very disappointed that they removed Utopia (Channel 55) and made it Online only, not everyone has a radio that has the XTRA channels, I use my car's factory radio and I'm not buying a stupid radio I have to hang somewhere else on my car, seriously, what are they thinking? this has to be one of the dumbest decisions I have seen business wise for a while, needless is to say that I called and disconnected my service after over 7 years being a loyal subscriber, from what I have seen on social media many did the same thing I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts