Changes coming to the Protection Plan

Dish's tech warranty is only 60 days. I agree that they should charge, but use extreme discretion on account.

I say they should stick to their guns and charge everyone every time for everything that needs to be done after the first 90days after initial install or tell them to go find another provider. Call that bluff and I'm sure 95% of all customers would give in.

Or, they could tell their installers to find another employer if they're that unhappy.

Reactions: Bobby
A leased automobile doesn't include maintence.
Yes but maintenance for Dish would be dish re-aim,remote battery,some customer inflicted damage. As for leasing a vehicle, the customer is not responsible is the engine goes up in smoke, the transmission falls to the roadway or you turn on the radio and the trunk opens, unless it is proven that the customer caused the problem to begin with. I say this with the experience of working in a car dealership service/part departments for decades.

I also worked in construction equipment rental business. Same policy there.

Dish is the first business I've ever seen with this policy. Yes I understand that the equipment isn't free to build. Dish made the choice to have the "free receivers and such" because they needed to boost subscribers. Personally I feel they should just have all these fees just built into the subscription packages. Then the customer choice is what package they need/want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts