Three Hopper Setup

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I currently have a two Hopper and three Joey setup. I have ordered a third Hopper from a dealer on eBay. I currently have a EA 1000.2 Dish, from it, three lines run into a Duo Node. I read that in order to add the third Hopper, I will need a DPP44, a DPP33 (or second 44), and a Solo Node.
I have ordered these parts, and want to make sure that I have the correct setup in mind.
From what I have read, I will need to have the three lines from the 1000.2 LNBF come into the DPP44, then one line to the power inserter and three to the Duo Node, then three lines from the DPP44 to the "in" side of the DPP33, then two lens from the DPP33 "out" to the Solo Node, then one line from the "server" out if the Solo Node to Hopper 3, and one one from the "client" port of the Solo Node, to the "client" port of the Duo Node, and a splitter on the other "client" out of the Duo Node to the two Joeys that I plan to keep.
I got the wiring from this diagram I found a search that was posted to DBSTalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402362247.397717.jpg

Does this appear it will work? I will appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

with the ea 1k.2 you only need 2 lines from the dish to the 44 and 2 to the 33
Thanks. Why are there three coming in from the LNBF, since it is receiving only two orbital positions? Is the port on the LNBF on the far right an input for the internal switch?
I also read that only the DPP44 works with the EA 1000.2, will a 33 work cascaded from a 44? Also, it says to put 72.7 into port 1 and 6.15 into port 2 on the 44. I am not sure which is which coming in from the LNB, I wonder if it will matter.

Last edited:
Thanks. Why are there three coming in from the LNBF, since it is receiving only two orbital positions? Is the port on the LNBF on the far right an input for the internal switch?

Because the duo node needs three lines from the switch including the switch built into the LNB. An external switch like the DPP44 only needs two from the EA 1000.2 LNB

Looks like from what I have been reading I will want 72.7 on port 1 and 61.5 on port. 2 on the DPP44.
I think I have figured out a way to be able to identify which signal is on which cable. I wish I had not sold my SuperBuddy!
I have a little cheap inline signal meter, maybe I can use it and just plug one line into the LNB and be able to identify the one line that has a signal on it.
Since the 1000.2 Twin states it will not work with a DPP 33, I guess I will have to order another DPP 44. Or, do you think the DPP 33 will work if it is cascaded from a DPP 44?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the DPP 33 will work if it is cascaded from a DPP 44. There are dish manuals online that identify which port goes with each LNB. Only matters when using a DPP switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts