Changing update time

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Is there a way to change the time that the hopper shuts down ? I know you can just hit " keep watching tv" but just wondered if there was a way to change the time that it tries to shut down ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Unlike the 622 and 722 I had back in 2010. The. Hopper will do automatic shutdown?
I use to leave the VIPs on so I could go back hour or 2?
Directv the dvr hard drive will run regardless on or off.

Yes, and still a PITA. It is one of the few truly disturbing things for me about the Hopper.

Unlike my old 722 which took over an hour to reboot since it checked the ehd, the Hopper seems to do it in less than 15 min. Also, if you are recording, it will postpone the reboot till the recording finishes.
So, if your up late night/early mornng, just set a recording while your watching something.

I specifically remember someone with intimate knowledge of the s/w saying it will be in the next release/update. That was 4-5 revisions ago....

I'm usually up every night till 2ish and the screen asking me if I wanna do the shut down or keep watching tv happens around 1ish I think. Every time it's happened I select "keep watching tv" so does it do the shut down later in the night automatically after I've turned off the tv around 2 or so ?

Thx I'm new to dish. Loving the hopper and figuring everything out slowly but surely.

If you are watching TV and say *continue to watch*, it will check again in an hour and again in another hour if you are still watching. If you are no longer watching, it will update.

Any questions, ask away........and we'll say it's been answered before and not point you in that direction. Like you're too late, find it yourself. Unless you read every thread, good luck finding things out. Search is also like finding a needle in a haystack.

Reactions: Lt Disher
I think I read that it will only ask hourly (starting at 1:25 or so for me) if it can reboot until say 8 AM.
It will not reboot if it is recording--the 722 did sometimes. It usually does not reboot if transferring, use care.
I don't know about the case of checking a connected EHD, which could take more than an hour.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)