Channel 125 Disappeared...

Channel 125, along with 100, 200, and 201 which were the same, went away Monday. No idea why. Channel 125 is now the same as ch 1100 and 100 is now the same as 199. Do you miss the lady telling you about the movies?

Is there a reason they have so many duplicate channels. Audience is in 5 places as well as the shopping channels.

It is, but is there a reason they duplicate it. Doesn’t that eat up bandwidth.

It's the same feed, just re-mapped to multiple places if I understand it correctly. The shopping channels pay to be in multiple places. They put Audience in 5 spots hoping you'll see. It's with the music, movie, and regular channels so they hope you'll see it when they are showing that kind of programming and are guide surfing. It's after your locals, too, I assume, because it's one of the first things you'd see after your locals guide surfing. They used to have it on 601, too. It replaced "The 101" which was on 101 so that is why it is there.

It's the same feed, just re-mapped to multiple places if I understand it correctly. The shopping channels pay to be in multiple places. They put Audience in 5 spots hoping you'll see. It's with the music, movie, and regular channels so they hope you'll see it when they are showing that kind of programming and are guide surfing. It's after your locals, too, I assume, because it's one of the first things you'd see after your locals guide surfing. They used to have it on 601, too. It replaced "The 101" which was on 101 so that is why it is there.

I block a majority of the shopping channels. I just don’t need the clutter when channel surfing. I block all of the infomercial channels.

Reactions: raoul5788
I block a majority of the shopping channels. I just don’t need the clutter when channel surfing. I block all of the infomercial channels.

So do I. I just have things I subscribe to and are real channels in my list. Makes channels surfing easier. But occasionally, I put it on "all channels" and see what is there. I have only done it during Sunday Ticket a couple times and have noticed that with the shopping channels but it's been a while.

If they do add more 4K content that would be welcomed as well. ABC did just switch their local cband feeds to h.265 so one has to wonder if ABC has plans on doing a national 4K signal. With ATSC 3.0 coming, I could see a simultaneous launch of a 4K channel on DirecTV / AT&T TV as well on ATSC 3.0 affiliates who already have a signal up.

At some point the providers need to start putting content to eyes. More than enough 4K sets have been sold.
Do any of them have ATSC 3.0 tuners in them?

Why? Contracts... You cant announce something in advance that hasn’t been signed. There are actually many reasons why. Look at the ACCN launch. They didn’t actually make it live until an hour before launch, granted ESPN did announce in advanced what channel. My point is ATT seems to not announce things until after the fact.

Maybe AT&T wouldn't announce HBO 4K in advance but HBO damn sure would. And if D kept NFLST in 4K a secret until the start of the season, then they'd be missing a big marketing opportunity to sell Directv subscriptions.

AT&T may not have announced what channel ACCN was but they issued a press release months ago saying they'd be carrying it at launch. ESPN announced the channel would be coming THREE YEARS AGO. Keeping the channel number 'secret' until launch does not equate to keeping the existence of the channel/offering secret until launch.

If they do anything 4K will it be on reverse band?

I honestly don’t think enough reverse band LNB’s are out there to put out a 4K version of Sunday Ticket.

Also what do they do for commercial customers, since genies are not allowed.

You would think a bar would want NFL ST in 4K.

They need a 4K set top box

Reactions: Jimbo and harshness
Or a box that streams 4k from the internet

I honestly don’t think enough reverse band LNB’s are out there to put out a 4K version of Sunday Ticket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Like I said I think there's zero chance of NFLST in 4K, not only would it have been announced, but Fox and CBS would have to have a lot more 4K production trucks out there. Since Fox is just dipping their toe into 4K NFL this year and CBS has never done any 4K football game, they aren't going to start producing all their Sunday games in 4K out of the blue. In fact I doubt they would do it at all if NFLST is all that benefits. They would want to have it available at least on their O&O stations in big cities, which is a few years away.

If they are adding a bunch of 4K CINE channels they would be in reverse band. Pretty much all residential customers who have 4K have reverse band LNBs so they'd be fine.

Directv's official 4K solution for bars/restaurants is an HR54+C61K for each TV (and think of the number of DSWM30s that would mean) Talk about a kludge!

The hard cold truth is that there really is not enough of a difference between HD and 4K to support the massive amount of money an upgrade would cost....sure those with 85 inch screens would benefit but the average consumer with a 50 inch screen would see very little change

The hard cold truth is that there really is not enough of a difference between HD and 4K to support the massive amount of money an upgrade would cost....sure those with 85 inch screens would benefit but the average consumer with a 50 inch screen would see very little change

And that's always been my belief as well. ...

For while I've always felt 4K has a much better chance of surviving than 3D did by relieving the viewer from the burden of needing to wear special equipment to view the service.

It will always be at a low level since it's just not the real revolutionary breakthrough that going from analog SD TV to HD plus the DTV format was for broadcasters to make such a major investment in.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: raoul5788
Do any of them have ATSC 3.0 tuners in them?

Thats irrelevant when you can make a 30 dollar STB that hooks up to HDMI for people to get ATSC 3.0 signals, like the ones that are coming out in 2020 and also proves my point to satellite delivery.

Also, people buy TV’s regardless and still pay for locals on satellite. If it wasn’t an issue we wouldn’t see 80 bazillion threads pop up for every dipute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said I think there's zero chance of NFLST in 4K, not only would it have been announced, but Fox and CBS would have to have a lot more 4K production trucks out there. Since Fox is just dipping their toe into 4K NFL this year and CBS has never done any 4K football game, they aren't going to start producing all their Sunday games in 4K out of the blue. In fact I doubt they would do it at all if NFLST is all that benefits. They would want to have it available at least on their O&O stations in big cities, which is a few years away.

If they are adding a bunch of 4K CINE channels they would be in reverse band. Pretty much all residential customers who have 4K have reverse band LNBs so they'd be fine.

Directv's official 4K solution for bars/restaurants is an HR54+C61K for each TV (and think of the number of DSWM30s that would mean) Talk about a kludge!
or the com3000
New DIRECTV COM3000 Pro:Idiom Headend - Freedom from Bad Hotel TV

I don't know the exact pricing of the COM3000 but the only thing that could justify its price for a bar/restaurant would be if you really had to have 4K today, since it would come out cheaper (and much less of a logistical headache) than buying an HR54+C61K per TV. It would be much more expensive than an HD solution involving an H25 per TV since you need a pro:idiom "client" per TV (unless you're a sucker and bought "commercial" TVs that happen to support it)

Have you seen a true 4k picture, there is a big difference from HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)