Channel 125 Disappeared...

Just noticed the 1080P/24P PPV preview channel is gone along with the SD version of it too...

Channel 125, along with 100, 200, and 201 which were the same, went away Monday. No idea why. Channel 125 is now the same as ch 1100 and 100 is now the same as 199. Do you miss the lady telling you about the movies?

There is a bunch of channel re-shuffling going on with the PPV channels Seems like something is happening soon

Yea NFL Sunday Ticket. They usually use PPV channels for that on Sundays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah Bob ..

It appears to be something else big is going on with a major national channel number reshuffling besides just the regular annual prep work for the launch of NFL ST.

And this along with changing FEC ratios on local spotbeam tp. streams to different markets (like mines here in LA), and apparently the authorization of 8 new national tps. on 103ca for use when T15 returns to 103W.

See starting with kyl416's recent post here on the edgecutter forum for all recent flurry of activity. That initially broke the datagatherer's equipment software programs when it first began happening.

Transponder Maps: Domestic, Mexico, Latin ~ Data 8/21/2019 - Page 144

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I haven’t heard of that other than the work that is ongoing with the orbital consolidation that everyone has already been talking about over at the edgecutter website. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a reorganization of channels though as with some of the west coast networks not landing at the -1 spot like they were originally uplinked in engineering mode.

T15 move was temp and was going to move back unlike how some speculated early on.

If they do add more 4K content that would be welcomed as well. ABC did just switch their local cband feeds to h.265 so one has to wonder if ABC has plans on doing a national 4K signal. With ATSC 3.0 coming, I could see a simultaneous launch of a 4K channel on DirecTV / AT&T TV as well on ATSC 3.0 affiliates who already have a signal up.

At some point the providers need to start putting content to eyes. More than enough 4K sets have been sold.

Another WAG (wild ass guess). Is they could be clearing room for a Version of NFL Sunday Ticket in 4K but I don’t think every NFL production truck has been upgraded. The presence of Thursday night games in 4K is nice as well. If Fubo has it Im sure DirecTV will have it. No one can do 4K like DIRECTV can and if all of these national channels suddenly appeared in 4K DirecTV would be the only provider at this point that could fully cover them all.

Reactions: longhorn23
If there was anything major happening with 4K like someone putting up a full time channel, let alone NFLST in 4K, it would be announced well in advance. Why would HBO (or whoever) want the launch kept secret until the last minute? Why would Directv want to keep NFLST in 4K secret until the last minute - they'd be shouting it from the rooftops trying to get football fans with 4K TVs to subscribe to Directv.

If 4K is added from this shuffling I think it will be like kyl416 suggested with a bunch of the CINE channels in 1xx range offering 4K movies. Not anything anyone will get excited about unless they live in the sticks where streaming is limited so this would provide their only access to 4K movies.

If there was anything major happening with 4K like someone putting up a full time channel, let alone NFLST in 4K, it would be announced well in advance. Why would HBO (or whoever) want the launch kept secret until the last minute? Why would Directv want to keep NFLST in 4K secret until the last minute - they'd be shouting it from the rooftops trying to get football fans with 4K TVs to subscribe to Directv.

If 4K is added from this shuffling I think it will be like kyl416 suggested with a bunch of the CINE channels in 1xx range offering 4K movies. Not anything anyone will get excited about unless they live in the sticks where streaming is limited so this would provide their only access to 4K movies.

Why? Contracts... You cant announce something in advance that hasn’t been signed. There are actually many reasons why. Look at the ACCN launch. They didn’t actually make it live until an hour before launch, granted ESPN did announce in advanced what channel. My point is ATT seems to not announce things until after the fact.

Heck DirecTV still has not announced NFL in 4K where Fubo has. Unless they are not going to carry it (doubtful) that alone should tell you that ATT is going to not announce anything until they are confident that its going to happen.

As far as the networks its a competitive advantage to not announce in order to tip off the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longhorn23
Don't they take some of the shopping channels off the air for the NFL SD channels?
AFAIK, they're always CINE PPV SD/HD channels being temporarily removed or moved to other satellites to create bandwidth for NFL ST.

The shopping channels pay for their air time so DIRECTV won't ever remove a paying customer to make room for ST broadcasts.

Reactions: goaliebob99
AFAIK, they're always CINE PPV SD/HD channels being temporarily removed or moved to other satellites to create bandwidth for NFL ST.

The shopping channels pay for their air time so DIRECTV won't ever remove a paying customer to make room for ST broadcasts.

Sometimes you'll see them show "programming will return at 12:00 midnight" or something to that message if you scroll though all the channels which I have done just to see on some of those channels. If you tune to them it is just the Directv logo and music, like a RSN alternate.

Sometimes you'll see them show "programming will return at 12:00 midnight" or something to that message if you scroll though all the channels which I have done just to see on some of those channels. If you tune to them it is just the Directv logo and music, like a RSN alternate.
Oh sure, I've seen those cases ...

But as you point out only sometime past midnight during the early morning hours. And never during the hours of an NFL game telecast so that DIRECTV could use it as available bandwidth. ...

Oh sure, I've seen those cases ...

But as you point out only sometime past midnight during the early morning hours. And never during the hours of an NFL game telecast so that DIRECTV could use it as available bandwidth. ...

It goes from noon to midnight... which Sunday Ticket window falls in. And college football on Saturdays. I have seen it on both days.

It goes from noon to midnight... which Sunday Ticket window falls in. And college football on Saturdays. I have seen it on both days.
Oh, ... well then I guess I haven't noticed these sorts of shopping channels as I thought I did.

Well then perhaps they could use their bandwidth for ST. Whether they actually do or not I'd have to ask someone kyl416 that. As he's the real expert on it. . ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts