Channel 125 Disappeared...

I guess 4k was a DTV thing and its not going to be an AT&T TV thing? The only way you will be able to do 4k with AT&T TV is through third party 4k APPS? AT&T TV won’t get DTV’s 4k channels or rent 4k movies new release movies those will only be in 1080p?
How are we supposed to know? Go ask on the ATT forum

I thought this thread turned into if having 4k content on systems was worth it, that why I asked. Also AT&T TV is supposed to be like DTV so why not ask here? Do you like harassing me on forums for some reason?
No I just don’t enjoy every single thread turning into a speculation thread and about something other than Directv SATELLITE service.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
No I just don’t enjoy every single thread turning into a speculation thread and about something other than Directv SATELLITE service.
You could be right about about creating a new forum for AT&T TV. Their is the OTT forum but is AT&T TV really an OTT service or more like a cable TV service since it’s not designed to compete with OTT services.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
You could be right about about creating a new forum for AT&T TV. Their is the OTT forum but is AT&T TV really an OTT service or more like a cable TV service since it’s not designed to compete with OTT services.
And you know it is not supposed to compete with other OTT services how? Is there a specific statement about this and I mean specific or is it more trying to interpret speculative crap?

And you know it is not supposed to compete with other OTT services how? Is there a specific statement about this and I mean specific or is it more trying to interpret speculative crap?
Because it has the DTV channel packages and pricing, If it was designed to compete with OTT AT&T TV channel package pricing would be lower. Plus it has a two year contract. OTT is month to month.

Complicated answer, for sure.

Just like you can see the difference viewing the same HD content on two different brands of phones, there can also be a similar difference, of course, on different brands of TV's. There can even be a marked difference with the same brand using different technologies (LED vs OLED, for example).

Now, once you get into HD, and very much so with 4k, size also matters. But when I talk about size, it's not so much the size, but viewing distance. Sony, for example, when suggesting viewing distance for one of their 4k TV's will suggest a viewing distance that's about 1/4 of the viewing distance suggested for one of their HD TV's.

So, given the same content on the same TV (removing the variables I first mentioned here), if you are not close enough given the size of your TV, you will likely NOT see much of a difference between HD and 4k. So, if you have a 4k TV and are sitting too far away from it you are wasting your TV.

On my 65" LG OLED (reputed to have one of the best 4k pictures), if I'm more than 6' away from it there isn't a lot of difference in picture quality from an upscaled HD (to 4k) source vs the same source in 4k. There's a difference for sure, but at 10 or 12 feet away the difference is small. At 5' the difference is pronounced.

So, when folks talk about the difference or lack there of when viewing 4k content, who knows what they are actually doing and doing it on to formulate that opinion.

Yes sir. For 4K especially it's all about viewing distance. And that would be a very close viewing distance for the human eye to see the difference.
It is the same for HD over SD also but how close you need to be for seeing HD over SD is more likely in the range many will sit from the TV. No so for 4K, you have to be much closer to see the detail 4K can provide. And not all 4K is equal, sometimes more detail is present on some TV's, or on some shows than others. And then there is HDR which is really the advancement more than 4K. HDR on a TV fully capable of utilizing all it's features can make a big improvement in the PQ at distances people are already sitting at even if you are not getting the detail difference.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)