Channel 228 in Channel list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

giamirish

Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
I have been calling DirecTv for the last week every day about channel 228 reappearing in my Channel list. I delete it every day and it reappears every day. Has any one seen this or can you delete the channel from your channel list (channels you receive) and see if it reappears the next day?

This only happens on TiVo boxes.

Last edited:
All I know is that channel 228 shares bandwidth with channel 364 (Retirement Living, only available during the day). Maybe if you delete that, then channel 228 won't return. Don't know if that will work, but it might be worth a shot.

I have been calling DirecTv for the last week every day about channel 228 reappearing in my Channel list. I delete it every day and it reappears every day. Has any one seen this or can you delete the channel from your channel list (channels you receive) and see if it reappears the next day?

This only happens on TiVo boxes.

The older boxes all seem to do it. The D* branded boxes don't. I don't think, short of getting a D* branded box, there is anything you can do about it except complain to them.

If it is a tivo box (thats the one I had), the only way you can get those channels to not show up is set up what you get in a custom list, Its a real PITA but because the channel comes and goes the receiver thinks its a new channel every time they switch it back on....I used to have problems with a ton of channels. I don't have D* anymore so I can't tell you what channels are doing it now or if the new boxes fix the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)