Channel 84 - Olympics ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone gotten channel 84 to show up successfully?

If DISH can allow it in non O&O markets can Directv too?

My NBC station here (WAVE3) told me earlier on the phone that they will be broadcasting this on their OTA digital channel, but I want a reliable source hence trying to get channel 84.

Thats what I am hearing also....something to do with a deal with the o&o markets and the concerns of NBC stations not owned by NBC letting the feed start at a time that is a safe bet that it wouldn't conflict with their coverage.

Looking at the HDTV schedule for channel 84........

What is really the point of this channel? It is mainly at least a day old events. All day tomorrow they are just showing the Opening Ceramonies on loop while the rest of the games kick off?

Why would they not select various events from other channels and put them all on HD rather than put everything that is a day old on the HD channel??

Now that I know that all the events on the HD channel are a day old, and they will be things I have already seen, I doubt I will be watching much of it.

NBC could have done a much better job of scheduling worthwhile programming on the HD channel to mesh with current events going on rather than looping the same day old events over and over.

Not impressed at all with the shoddy job NBC did with this HD channel, starting with not even airing the opening ceramonies in HD while they were being aired on other channels and then going on to loop day old events.....................I would be quite upset if i was paying for this channel.

According to the schedule on nbc's website, the HD channel will have various things looping. From now all through tomorrow will be the loop of the opening ceramonies and not the current events.

It is the same as my local NBC channel that comes in the 90% range OTA.

I've got it in California now. I think as others said it started at 10PM pacific or 1AM eastern time. I just don't understand why Voom was able to show the HD channel 4 hours before Direct TV, it started at 6PM PST for voom and 10PM for Direct TV.

The real bummer is I already watched the events at my friends house on Voom HD. I give much credit to Voom for turning on the signal right away. Voom also added a regular NBC channel (593 & 594) to their service along with the HD-NBC channel (321) so I guess they will be able to watch current events on NBC and Bravo-HD then watch the day old events on NBC-HD.

While I don't like that the events in HD will be behind, I will aplaud NBC for putting out this HD channel and making it available to all 3 satellite services.

Directv seems to be run by a bunch of morons. Why on earth would they delay the airing of this channel until after everyone has seen it, and then go on to be a day late with all events.

Voom has the right idea and has their heads on straight, Directv continues to show everyone how stupid they are when it comes to doing things correctly.

Getting HD on 84

I am getting HD NBC feed of the Olympics of the opening ceramonies on Channel 84 this morning. I am not in an O&O area but, I do have a waiver from my local NBC station because of mountainous terain and low signal quality. I just got the waiver on Tuesday after talking to my local TV station. I called D right after I talked to my local station and was told it may take a few days before they would authorize NBC east and west. Yesterday Chanels 382 and 383 (NBC east and west) were activated and this morning I checked around 5am central, channel 84 was "up and running."

I called D* and was told to re-set my box... Channel 84 is up and running and looking and sounding good my Receiver is picking it up as 5.1 cool beans

I am not getting channel 84 either, what the hell is going on? I have HD package and the distant nets, I get CBS HD. It's Saturday morning,8am central time.

I'm pissed.................

Channel 84 - Olympics

I also get CBS - HD and all the network channels from DirecTV, but after calling their so-called "experts" this morning at 415 am PDT when they opened they tell me that unless I live in the "chosen NBC cities”, I can not get channel 84. It is out of their control.

I promptly e-mailed NBC and Directv and voiced my boycott of the NBC programming until this injustice can be rectified!!

I am in Boston which is not O&O and I receive 84 this looks like a total disaster as there seems to be no reason why some are getting it and others aren't. The funny thing is I really don't care as I really have very little interest in the Olympics and even less so with the 24 hour delay and only 6 events being broadcast in HD

tfoss said:
I am not getting channel 84 either, what the hell is going on? I have HD package and the distant nets, I get CBS HD. It's Saturday morning,8am central time.

I'm pissed.................

Exact same situation for me. I called DirecTV and the CSR said I could only get 84 if I had locals (which I can't get obviously and that is why I have the Distant Nets). Something is fubar here.

I get the distant nets, but not channel 84, why not?

I'm getting pissed.............

I noticed we have Channel 84. We were watching it. My wife got pissed that the SAME commercial is playing (the Sony Wega HT one)

Channel 84

I didn't have it last night. The good news was that my OTA stayed pretty steady with only a few blips.

Woke up today and I have Channel 84.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts