Channel 9845

Albert Karl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
On the point-dish screen Ch 9845 jumps from green 125 to yellow 2 to green 25 to green 125 back to yellow 2 over and over. It does not stay locked.

I inspected and fixed all coax stuff, installed a Sat signal amplifier 'cause the coax is a little long, my dish 500+ is solid, and all other channels are strong and reliable. I think you got a problem, Dish N., with Ch 9845, transponder 18 on Sat 118. What say you?

Channel 9845 error Ch 8945

It is not Ch 9845 but Ch 8945. Sorry for the mistake.

I see that channel is "Turbo Coded." I do not know what that means, other than I think it can save bandwidth. Maybe your receiver is having trouble locking on to it.

Thank you! I see Dish wants me to upgrade my original equipmnt and is just teasing me with turbo coding.
I'm still on the 311 receiver and don't plan to upgrade to HD. I get that on antenna TV which I watch evenings (NCIS, etc.)
This morning, CH 8945 did lock in for a while, but when I looked on the Point Dish screen, I saw yellow and little green. It had trouble locking on.

Thank you! I see Dish wants me to upgrade my original equipmnt and is just teasing me with turbo coding.
I'm still on the 311 receiver and don't plan to upgrade to HD. I get that on antenna TV which I watch evenings (NCIS, etc.)
This morning, CH 8945 did lock in for a while, but when I looked on the Point Dish screen, I saw yellow and little green. It had trouble locking on.

your LNB may be faulty or going out. time to contact a DIRT member and have them get it checked out for you.

Channel 8945 intermittend lock-on

Doubtful with the info the OP has given.

Ok, Sat 118 transponders all lock on fine except #16 and #18 (turbo coded?).
Ch 8945 is on transponder 18.
When I contacted Dish the rep told me I needed a tech to solve my problem.
It is not my problem! Of over 200 channels, only one is not locking on consistently.
Oh, you want me to pay $6/month to keep your stuff working?
Last time you sent out a tech, then charged me $95 without telling me up front.
I paid it because the tech was very friendly and upgraded my Sat 500+ equipment.
I have a 311 receiver (over 10 years working fine). Do I need a new receiver?

Ok, Sat 118 transponders all lock on fine except #16 and #18 (turbo coded?).
Ch 8945 is on transponder 18.
When I contacted Dish the rep told me I needed a tech to solve my problem.
It is not my problem! Of over 200 channels, only one is not locking on consistently.
Oh, you want me to pay $6/month to keep your stuff working?
Last time you sent out a tech, then charged me $95 without telling me up front.
I paid it because the tech was very friendly and upgraded my Sat 500+ equipment.
I have a 311 receiver (over 10 years working fine). Do I need a new receiver?

Can you please PM me your account information so I can take a look? Also have you been able to view this channel at all since it launched or has it been doing this the whole time?

It is now 10:30 near Richmond, VA, and the channel is locked on with a signal strength of 10 max. By noon it will probably drop out again, as it did yesterday. The adjacent channel on transponser 19 is locked on with a signal strength of 50. How can there be such a difference between transponders?

Last edited:
It is now 14:48 hrs here and the channel is still locked on, albeit with a signal strength of 12, on a yellow,not green band.

Now it is 15:25 hrs and the channel (8945, Sat 118, transponder 18) came unlocked again.
The signal strength is down to 5 or less on a brown band.

Channel 8933 (transponder 19) locks on with a signal strength of 48 or more.

The sky is clear, sunshine, no branch or leaves in the way, perfect conditions.

Dish, Echostar, Zach? Any solutions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts