Channel 9845

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Albert Karl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
On the point-dish screen Ch 9845 jumps from green 125 to yellow 2 to green 25 to green 125 back to yellow 2 over and over. It does not stay locked.

I inspected and fixed all coax stuff, installed a Sat signal amplifier 'cause the coax is a little long, my dish 500+ is solid, and all other channels are strong and reliable. I think you got a problem, Dish N., with Ch 9845, transponder 18 on Sat 118. What say you?

Channel 9845 error Ch 8945

It is not Ch 9845 but Ch 8945. Sorry for the mistake.

I see that channel is "Turbo Coded." I do not know what that means, other than I think it can save bandwidth. Maybe your receiver is having trouble locking on to it.

Thank you! I see Dish wants me to upgrade my original equipmnt and is just teasing me with turbo coding.
I'm still on the 311 receiver and don't plan to upgrade to HD. I get that on antenna TV which I watch evenings (NCIS, etc.)
This morning, CH 8945 did lock in for a while, but when I looked on the Point Dish screen, I saw yellow and little green. It had trouble locking on.

Thank you! I see Dish wants me to upgrade my original equipmnt and is just teasing me with turbo coding.
I'm still on the 311 receiver and don't plan to upgrade to HD. I get that on antenna TV which I watch evenings (NCIS, etc.)
This morning, CH 8945 did lock in for a while, but when I looked on the Point Dish screen, I saw yellow and little green. It had trouble locking on.

your LNB may be faulty or going out. time to contact a DIRT member and have them get it checked out for you.

Channel 8945 intermittend lock-on

Doubtful with the info the OP has given.

Ok, Sat 118 transponders all lock on fine except #16 and #18 (turbo coded?).
Ch 8945 is on transponder 18.
When I contacted Dish the rep told me I needed a tech to solve my problem.
It is not my problem! Of over 200 channels, only one is not locking on consistently.
Oh, you want me to pay $6/month to keep your stuff working?
Last time you sent out a tech, then charged me $95 without telling me up front.
I paid it because the tech was very friendly and upgraded my Sat 500+ equipment.
I have a 311 receiver (over 10 years working fine). Do I need a new receiver?

Ok, Sat 118 transponders all lock on fine except #16 and #18 (turbo coded?).
Ch 8945 is on transponder 18.
When I contacted Dish the rep told me I needed a tech to solve my problem.
It is not my problem! Of over 200 channels, only one is not locking on consistently.
Oh, you want me to pay $6/month to keep your stuff working?
Last time you sent out a tech, then charged me $95 without telling me up front.
I paid it because the tech was very friendly and upgraded my Sat 500+ equipment.
I have a 311 receiver (over 10 years working fine). Do I need a new receiver?

Can you please PM me your account information so I can take a look? Also have you been able to view this channel at all since it launched or has it been doing this the whole time?

It is now 10:30 near Richmond, VA, and the channel is locked on with a signal strength of 10 max. By noon it will probably drop out again, as it did yesterday. The adjacent channel on transponser 19 is locked on with a signal strength of 50. How can there be such a difference between transponders?

Last edited:
It is now 14:48 hrs here and the channel is still locked on, albeit with a signal strength of 12, on a yellow,not green band.

Now it is 15:25 hrs and the channel (8945, Sat 118, transponder 18) came unlocked again.
The signal strength is down to 5 or less on a brown band.

Channel 8933 (transponder 19) locks on with a signal strength of 48 or more.

The sky is clear, sunshine, no branch or leaves in the way, perfect conditions.

Dish, Echostar, Zach? Any solutions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts