Channel 999... color over saturated compared to other channels

gutter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 26, 2004
This is less of a PQ complaint than an observation. The convention coverage color looks very saturated compared to the other VOOM channels. Everyone looks as red as an apple instead of just being in the Big Apple. It is not a big problem as I just turn down the color. I have to turn it down by half to get it right. Then the other channels look colorless. Anyone see this too or is it just me?

maybe the republicans are just embarrassed. to be fair i noticed it on the democratic convention as well.

voombot said:
maybe the republicans are just embarrassed.

Now...I hadn't thought of that. That explains it perfectly.

gutter said:
This is less of a PQ complaint than an observation. The convention coverage color looks very saturated compared to the other VOOM channels. Everyone looks as red as an apple instead of just being in the Big Apple. It is not a big problem as I just turn down the color. I have to turn it down by half to get it right. Then the other channels look colorless. Anyone see this too or is it just me?

999 has the same PQ issue here in South Louisiana on a Sony KDF60XBR950.

gutter said:
This is less of a PQ complaint than an observation...?

gutter is obviously a democrat. The PQ looks great to me.

To the moderator: these politically motivated threads should be removed from the forum as they are off topic, and using VOOM to further their political ambitions. Such smut takes away from the fine quality of the SatelliteGuys.us ideals as well as the many wonderful threads and topics.

Ti-maniac said:
gutter is obviously a democrat. The PQ looks great to me.

To the moderator: these politically motivated threads should be removed from the forum as they are off topic, and using VOOM to further their political ambitions. Such smut takes away from the fine quality of the SatelliteGuys.us ideals as well as the many wonderful threads and topics.

I hope this is not a serious post.
How is discussing the picture quality a political statement. as someone mentioned also that the Boston convention looked the same. Talk about extremism? I said that turning down the color about 50% makes it good. I even said it wasn't a complaint.

Again, explain how this is a "Politically motivated thread?" Other than a response to a good natured kidding that wasn't for or against Bush. Nobody else saw it your way but commented on the technical aspect of the picture compared to other channels.

BOY...GIVE US A BREAK. LIGHTEN UP.

Ti-maniac said:
these politically motivated threads should be removed from the forum as they are off topic, and using VOOM to further their political ambitions.

Are you kidding?
With all the political banners, like the crap Red UFO has.

Oh yeah, the color on 999 is off the charts in Toledo.

I didn't start this thread as a political statement. I moer wanted to know if I was the only one seeing this saturation or not. Thanks for those you resonded and didn't take "political offense" to the term RED or APPLE.

I noticed it on my Hitachi 65S700 as well. People's faces were red. I was going to adjust the red but I just left it alone.

craigs2553 said:
That's right. Do you have a problem with that?

Not at all. I just found it amusing that you concluded that he is a democrat simply because he noticed too much color saturation. Don't you find it amusing?

NO, I didn't say anything like that. Re-read my post! I simply observed the same red push as the others. There is a time and place for politics and this isn't it.

This is all nice and dandy, I'd rather see a nice good 2 hour long debate Bush Vs Kerry in HD.

craigs2553 said:
NO, I didn't say anything like that. Re-read my post! I simply observed the same red push as the others. There is a time and place for politics and this isn't it.

Oh I see. I was referring to Ti-maniac's post not yours. Re-read my post! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)