Channel and Mapdown Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I've been in touch with Dish about this and the have a site visit scheduled but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

Hopper and Joey install and everything seemed okay.

Tried to tune in TBS-HD when the baseball playoffs started and it showed as a subscription channel even though I have Top 250. TBS-SD was okay and tuned in.

When a baseball game was on TNT-HD the same thing happened TNT-SD tuned okay

When TNT-HD wouldn't work, TBS-HD was okay.

This Saturday ESPN-HD did the same thing.

Numerous re-boots, unplugging and calls to tech support can't seem to fix the problem, hence a tech visit.

I've noticed that my 5000 series of mapdowns don't show up in the guide (I'm in Hawaii most HD is on the spot beams).

Point dish checks show all of the spot beams have good signals. (110,119 and 129)

Any suggestions on what I might try?

Randy

I see you're in HI, so you might be similar to us in Alaska. You're right, most of the 5xxx channels don't show with the Hopper, most things map down pretty well. There are times when things don't seem to map down, and I have found that the 5xxx channel will show up under "my channels or all channels" For instance, sometimes 154 NFL network works fine, but sometimes it says "no signal", and then I can go to that channel on 5507. I just looked at my guide and ESPN and TNT are there under 55xx. I think HI and AK are treated similar, so hopefully this helps. Also, after rebooting, the guide can take some time to stabilize.

Thanks for the reply.

Last night when I got home the baseball game was in red on TBS-HD and would'nt tune again. The SD version was okay.

As soon as the guide showed the game was over, TBS-HD was available.

This sounds like a software bug to me.

Randy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts