GEOSATpro Channel Change Static?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Both my Micro HD receivers have recently started making a loud static noise and the picture on the TV shows static momentarily each time I change the channel? And NO, I can't think of anything I've done that would cause this? It's really annoying so I'm looking for some help to stop it. Anyone else seen this and did you fix it?

Thanks

2 receivers same issue, the only common point would be the dish. Is it grounded?

These are two completely independent systems, which are listed in my signature. The 2 10ft dishes are mounted about 50/60 feet apart and have NO contact between them. One receiver is in my shop system and the other is in my bedroom system. I've also swapped the receivers between the two systems to no avail. Don't have this problem with either the Openbox S9 or AZBox receivers.

I'm thinking there is some setting that I'm missing that got changed accidentally as I usually scan with the Winegard system because it's the better system then transfer that userdb file to the other system so a change made to the Winegard setup would wind up on the Unimesh also because of that. Problem is I've gone over the settings on that Micro HD and haven't found anything that I could change to stop it??

GOT IT! There is a setting in >System Setup>TV System>Resolution that offers several settings for video output. I had set mine to >By Native TV thinking that the TV would set the proper resolution for whatever was being run through it. I switched this setting to 1080p_60 and the static went away. Not sure what this is "suppose" to be set to but as long as that noise is gone it's good to go like it is now.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts