Channel Changes May 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
If you have read the uplink, then you may know about this. If not, you may not have noticed unless you checked your favorites or pressed INFO on these channels. The channels are:
Crime & Investigation HD 387 (will be removed May 5) moving to 368
RetroPlex HD 365 (will be removed May 5) moving to 379
IndiePlex HD 363 (will be removed May 5) moving to 378

You may want to update you favorites list now for the future especially for DVR recordings.

Making room for more channels at the Platinum range, as well as better grouping? Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like the grandfathered HD+Platinum is close to biting the dust. :(

This is complete speculation based on some channel moves. They may just be trying to group channels of similar types together however...

You may be right that this is just the beginning of splitting off the packages again. I have wondered how long they would keep HD & Platinum together since they seemed to be giving up $10 in revenue.

IF Plat goes back to $10.00 , I will have to drop it. I like some of the channels, but I don't think that they are worth an extra $10.00. I am betting that before they offered the plat pack with the hd pack for one $10.00 charge, DISH was not getting to many takers on the Plat pack add on. IF they start charging a separate $10.00 charge again , I am betting that many will drop it again.

I'm counting 13 in Platinum right now. I think it was down to 4 channels at one point. So Dish may be able to get away with the extra $10 now, when they couldn't earlier.

I have the HD and 250 and got on chat today about the platinum, told them that I thought platinum was part of the hd and they added it for free. Hope is doesn't change/

i have dish Latino max and we do not get all the channels in plat but its the same price as with the other packages on the website, where it says usually a $10 a month add-on but free with hd. I think ci, and centric are missing. I would be annoyed if they start charing the same without the same channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts