Channel Delete on IV200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DocRobster

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Katy, TX
Ok guys I have lurked for a while and now I a little help. I got my IV200 bundle from SatAV and I love it! I need to know how to delete a channel once it scans and I see in the EPG. I saw that Ice gave a 'green' button delete in another thread, but I can not for the livf of me get to the channel edit screen. I pushed the ok button twice and I don't see an option to delete a channel.

Can you walk me though it?

Welcome DocRobster!

I'm pretty new at this and I don't think I am using the EPG but here is how I go about deleting unwanted channels after a scan:

press the Menu Button

press cursor right (or left) until you get to Service List
cursor down to Service List Manager, press OK
on the right side you will see "Delete Services", cursor up or down until it is highlighted in green, press OK

this will put you on your channel list on the left side of the menu. If you want to keep the highlighted channel name just press cursor up/down to skip it, if you want to delete it press OK, this will move it to the right side of the menu. When you have gone through all the channel names you have scanned for that satellite, and are ready to complete the delete press the green button, you will then be asked if you want to delete the selected channels, cursor left to select yes, then hit OK.

I think I have all the steps in there, give that a try and see what happens, if you have more questions we'll try again. :)

AWESOME!!!! I found some new menus! THANKS!

I will have to play with those menus now.

Another question.....

Can we edit the satellites on the computer then upload them to the unit?

Glad I could help, Doc. I think the answer to your new question is yes, but I don't know how to do it. I'm pretty sure Visionsat has a channel editor that you can download from their website (there is a link around here somewhere for that) to do what you want.

If you go back into your Menu--> Utilities--> Data Transfer you will see a selection for "Transfer Service Data to USB storage". I think you can use that selection to dl your channel data to the Channel Editor (that you have dl'ed to your PC), then you can manipulate your channel data, upload it to your USB stick and upload that to your Visionsat using "Data download from USB storage".

All of that is all just a WAG on my part, I'd be interested if you figure that one out, please post your results.

I got the editor. From previous thread there have been problem with the editor. I too get the errors after running the editor in Vista.

I will try it again.

THANKS AGAIN.

Now to find some surgery channels...

I'm pretty new at this and I don't think I am using the EPG but here is how I go about deleting unwanted channels after a scan:
<<snip>>

I think I have all the steps in there, give that a try and see what happens, if you have more questions we'll try again. :)

and you call yourself a newbie ;)

Thats EXACTLY how to do it :)

Not to turn this into a Visionsat support wishlist thread ;) , but I'm hoping they fix the channel editor bugs and allow adding new satellites with orbital slots so USALS can be used with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts