Channel Editor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
I.ve printed out the instructions from Sat Guys on how to edit channels and have downloaded the PVR800 Editor. I got to the point in the instructions where you click on the transponder. I don't have to go through the Add information part because I already have the transponder pre listed for the CW. I go to the white field left click and scroll down to Insert Channel. I fill in the new name, the video pid and the audio pid1. I go down and change the audio to stereo and click O.K.

A screen pops up saying PCR PID with the number {32, 8191} so I fill this in the space provided and again I click O.K. Another box pops up saying Insert an Integer.

I have no clue what to do. I must have missed a step somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I went back in and put the video pid in the picpid and pressed O.K. and it excepted it. Showed it listed on the page and I did the same with the other 2 stations. I upgraded it into the receiver and did a acurate scan. I shows the channels I listed but when I clicked on one I didn't getr any picture. It said no signal so I don't know if they are off the air right now or I did something wrong. Will try again later.

CW
E- A 101 V 102 P 101 Stereo
C- A 201 V 202 P 201 Stereo
W- A 301 V 302 P 301 Stereo
No scan necessary, just select Channel

I'me not having much luck.The instructions say to dump the HDS2 file and I did this but when I enter the editor click on file and change the file type to open bin file it doesn't recognize the file nothing comes up. If I dump the Sat Transponder Channel list it does come up when I change the file type to open bin file. The channel list file is the one I edited before but I'me not getting and channels so this is not right but as I said the HDS2 file won't come up to be edited. I even tried coping it to the desk top and dragging it into the editor and still nothing.

It doesn't make any sence that the one file will come up and the other won't.

I know why the 2 files won't come up because one is a abs.file and one is a dbs.file and there is 2 different editors. That said I've followed the instructions right to the end and saved the file. It askes if you want to save as a user file or default file. I tried this both ways and even though the channels are listed I still have no signal for these stations. The satellite I'me using is Nimic 1 Galaxy 17 91.0 W.

select "misc file" for the dump. then select TP_Prog.dbs (Your channel list) to dump. I Make a copy* and rename by just adding .abs to the end. so it is TP_Prog.dbs.abs. Then with the editor, select abs in the drop down, and navigate to the file. After selection, Select User Data. Make your changes and save. Rename file by removing the .abs. Load to SSO, Upgrade by USB, Select Misc Files,)use Left/right button) Select & Upgrade - Enter- scroll to TP_Prog. hit enter then the yellow button.
*I save the original dump in case I error. Kept in dated folders.

**Some editors do not require abs extension, other do. after that it's all the same.

I've tried all the suggestions that have been proposed here including your suggestion Ice changing the PCRPID to 8190 and I'me no further ahead.I can go into this editor now with my eyes closed and do this but I'me no closer to receiving these channels than before. I was wondering what receivers you are using and what firmware. I just upgradse mine to the Sat Guy's posted August 30 2011 for the Openbox S9. I'me wondering if the firmware is not excepting the new programming.

I tried this morning to program the CW into my other receiver S10. Again the channels come up but there is no signal registered. Since I am running the same firmware in both systems Sat Guys August 30,2011 I have to conclude that the firmware won't accept the upgrades.

I think you are dumping the wrong file -
The instructions say to dump the HDS2 file
Do not dump that file. Select "Misc files" in Dump Mode(use left/right buttons) Scroll down to Select and Dump, OK button, highlight TP PROG.dbs, OK, then press the yellow button. Rename TP PROG.dbs extension if required to open it with the editor. Select USER DATA when opening with the editor. Edit as necessary. E- A 101 V 102 P 101 Stereo :C- A 201 V 202 P 201 Stereo :W- A 301 V 302 P 301 Stereo Save. Rename to dbs if required. During Upgrade By USB, Select Misc Files in the Upgrade Mode using the left/right buttons. Scroll to Select & Upgrade, OK, Highlite TP_PROG.abs, OK, Yellow button. Reboot receiver.
If that fails, ( it shouldn't, it's what I do) an option:
I am running the FW Openbox 08/30/2011 - Downloads and have no problems with editing. Give me your email via PM and I can send you my TP_Prog file. Warning , It is loaded with Diseqc positions for my GBox and Diseqc switch settings. A bit of extra time would be required, with the editor, to remove/modify them. (C/Ku 137w to 55.5w +30W) OR you could send me your TP_PROG file, and I could see if there is a problem editing/running it.

Thanks for the info. I've done exactly what you have posted at least a dozen times for my s10 and s9 over the last day and half.I've even tried different firmware and I'me not having any luck. I am using the TP file as user and have entered the info as you have posted. As far as sending you my TP file I have no idea how to do that.

Weirdness - your file(TP_PROG) worked just fine running on my receiver. Can it be said it's just the CW channels, or maybe channels on the same polarity (H)? Thinking here(dangerous) that it may be a polarity issue?

Last edited:
I have 2 receivers s10 and s9 and I tried getting the CW in both and no luck. I order a third s9 and received it yesterday. I will try and see if it will run the CW channels today and post the results.

I tried the CW file on the 3 rd s9 receiver and I got the same result no channels so I think maybe the problem lies elsewhere. I'me wondering if it could be my LNBF it is a twin BSC 422. I have also been experiencing freezing using the Sat Guys August 30th firmware. Late night on AMC1 the freezing happened several times on different vertical channels and this morning on the same sat I had freezing on the a couple of horizontal channels.

I'me wondering if this could be the LNBF that causing the problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated before I order another. Is any particular make of LNBF better than the others.

Does the receiver show any signal on that transponder? How many other transponders can you get on that satellite?

No signal on that transponder but on that satellite blind scan brings in 38 stations with signal quality from 75 to 86 percent on both horizontal and vertical.

Doesn't really sound like an editor problem then.

Try this: On the receiver, delete the transponder, then re-enter it with the receiver's menus. I know you won't be able to enter the PIDs so you won't be able to see the channels, but it will at least tell you whether the signal from that transponder is getting to your receiver, versus some glitch in the edited file keeping it from being read correctly.

[/QUOTE]Try this: On the receiver, delete the transponder, then re-enter it with the receiver's menus. I know you won't be able to enter the PIDs so you won't be able to see the channels, but it will at least tell you whether the signal from that transponder is getting to your receiver, versus some glitch in the edited file keeping it from being read correctly. [/QUOTE]

I tried this suggestion but there's still no signal on that transponder. I emailed my TP LIst to Fat Air and he tried it in his system and said it ran as soon as he installed it. So I 've tried this file in 3 receivers and it hasn't worked in any. I was thinking it might be the LNBF but I'me receiving other transponders both hotizontal and vertical on this sat. I'me wondering if they are building something into the hardware that won't allow tinkering. Anyways I'me not going to worry about it, it's possible it's the same as different firmware versions. One works fine in one receiver but not another. It's a mystery and I'me going to leave it at that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)