Monsters?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Turbosat,
"* Avatar-A huge creature crawling up the front-door steps!"

That wasn't the one from the Sci-Fi movie from the 50's was it. That one WAS really BIG!
I could send you a picture of an ant. Then we could say you have one of "THEM" from the 50's movie.:D
Every now and then a mantis pops up in my yard. Really an interesting bug to watch for a while.
If I can locate the missing power supply to my picture storage HD, I will post some "nice" baby pictures I know you will enjoy.

I thought it was a nice Halloween picture, but I have an idea for another one, have to hurry though-it's almost here.
That was the biggest mantis I ever saw, like 5"long. I saved one from the cat the next day, and put it outside (don't know how it got in the house). It was a small brown one , and two days later I found it dead, caught in a huge spider web beside the flowers. Nature is cruel.

Ok Rt,, the halloween creature is gone to the avatar hall of fame. Back to normal avatar-critters now.

When I was a kid, we went to Tennessee for summer vacation.
I caught a giant mantis there, and took it home to Florida. (5..6 inches)
We kept it out front on a particular bush, and I often took it slivers of raw meat.
My Mom would put a tiny bit on a toothpick, and I'd take it out (insert your own teeth-picking joke here - I often did) ;)

Years later in Vietnam, I caught one nearly as big.

More years later, I brought back an egg-case from Tennessee to California.
It hatched, and we had a whole mess of little ones for a while.
Sadly, I think the local birds must've gotten 'em.
That, or they couldn't find enough bugs to eat - after all, Los Angeles is a desert. :(

When I was a kid, we went to Tennessee for summer vacation.
I caught a giant mantis there, and took it home to Florida. (5..6 inches)
We kept it out front on a particular bush, and I often took it slivers of raw meat.
My Mom would put a tiny bit on a toothpick, and I'd take it out *feed the mantis, check with the pic to see his teeth were clean ;)

Years later in Vietnam, I caught one nearly as big.

More years later, I brought back an egg-case from Tennessee to California.
It hatched, and we had a whole mess of little ones for a while.
Sadly, I think the local birds must've gotten 'em.
That, or they couldn't find enough bugs to eat - after all, Los Angeles is a desert. :(
....and full of many "interesting" creatures.

*added text.

I have The Deadly mantis on dvd, haha, keep waiting for Perry Mason and Della Street to show up in it , since Mr Drake is after the giant bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)