Channel guide question

xyz38

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Eastern NC
On my Hopper3 channel 371 is labeled You Tube and it goes to You Tube when selected and there is no channel 372.
On the wireless Joey there is a channel 371 labeled You Tube but when selected it goes to a spanish channel and there is a channel 372 on the Joey.

Tech support told me that there is no 371 or 372 on Dish.
Do any of you have 371You Tube or channel 372?
Does Dish support You Tube?
Edit
I should have stated that I have the 250 package and the Dish movie package.

Last edited:
On my Hopper3 channel 371 is labeled utube and it goes to utube when selected and there is no channel 372.
On the wireless Joey there is a channel 371 labeled utube but when selected it goes to a spanish channel and there is a channel 372 on the Joey.

Do any of you have 371 utube or channel 372?
Does Dish support utube?
On my 4K Joey there is no channel 371 and 372.

What the hell is utube? Are you confusing it with YouTube? I see there is a channel on YouTube that is called utube, but I haven’t a clue if that’s what you are talking about...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I even tried typing in utube.com and it redirects me to youtube.com. I tried utube.net and it redirects me to overstock.com, and also utube.org and it redirects me to a blank screen with web addresses posted in it. Utube.gov doesn’t work at all.

Reactions: charlesrshell
On my Hopper 3 I see YouTube and it works. Sorry, I was in the other room that’s not my TV room when I posted earlier. No 372 though, at least in my package.

In my original post I stated that the tech support person, woman with accent, said that Dish does not have You Tube 371 or channel 372,a Spanish channel.
Was she wrong or is You Tube not suppose to be on Dish?
Also does anyone know why the Hopper3 and wireless Joey channel guides are not the same?
The Hopper, Joey and the access point have all been reset to see if that would make them the same. As far as I know the other channels are the same but I have not compared all of them.
We found the difference when I had You Tube on the Hopper and my daughter tried to get it on the Joey and it is not there.

In my original post I stated that the tech support person, woman with accent, said that Dish does not have You Tube 371 or channel 372,a Spanish channel.
Was she wrong or is You Tube not suppose to be on Dish?
YouTube is supposed to be on channel 371. Channel 372 (I'm guessing) is supposed to be YouTube Kids. YouTube Kids was recently added to the Hopper 3, so they may still be working the bugs out.

What HipKat said! The channel numbers for apps like Youtube and Netflix are simply a convenience, they are not actually television channels. They just activate an app. So, if you go to Apps on your menu screen you will see what is available to you. The Hopper shows Youtube while the Joeys don't...

On my Hopper3 channel 371 is labeled You Tube and it goes to You Tube when selected and there is no channel 372.
On the wireless Joey there is a channel 371 labeled You Tube but when selected it goes to a spanish channel and there is a channel 372 on the Joey.

Do any of you have 371You Tube or channel 372?
Does Dish support You Tube?
Edit
I should have stated that I have the 250 package and the Dish movie package.

Since others have answered the question technically I will add... Your problem is you called DISH support. Stop doing that and just come here first. :eureka

What HipKat said! The channel numbers for apps like Youtube and Netflix are simply a convenience, they are not actually television channels. They just activate an app. So, if you go to Apps on your menu screen you will see what is available to you. The Hopper shows Youtube while the Joeys don't...

Thanks for your reply,
I found that when You select You Tube in the guide on channel 371, it actually goes to WIFI and not to Dish.

Thanks for your reply,
I found that when You select You Tube in the guide on channel 371, it actually goes to WIFI and not to Dish.
Correct, ecause it is an app, not a TV channel. It accesses youtube.com via the network connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts