Channel line up doesn't match

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldsatdude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
edge of footprint
HI guys,

I just turned on a pak for my tall pole BUD and my DSR 922. I waited until now to get any programming as so many scams are out there. So far the channel line up doesn't match what the site said we get:( but I am happy to report that I did not 86 the memory and elected to just add the X-4 bird and enjoy what I got. When I first turned on the pak, we had no guide. Later on in the day after hours of channel surfing, we noticed "future" info began to show and eventually the guide showed up after staying on one channel for a few hours. So far I have set the favorites and the guide is OK except for satellites other than X-4. My guess is that after the mad dash to get every one activated, they will move channels and mapping around to include all stations.

I only programmed the X-4 bird at the same position as the W-5 with the same dish position and skew settings and then saved it.:) Also, turn off the automatic dish update so the dish won't go back to G-1 at 2am.

Now the receiver can be used as a master to steer the dish and set polarity for the FTA receiver.
Still paying less than a pizza dish and I don't have to buy a high $ pak that I don't want, just to get one channel that makes wife happy.

As they say, "happy wife, happy life!':D

Oldsatdude;
You are doing better than I am.... I waited til the 5th to reactivate, and everything went smoothly except for the guide and the channel numbers, which do not match the list on the SRL website. I have only the STARZ Pak and the Guide activated on the WEBSAMS.
I am watching X4-130, which is Encore Westerns. When I hit 'INFO', it shows the current movie and time, with no program details. When I hit 'BROWSE', it shows that I am on X4-603 GospelG. When I hit 'GUIDE', it shows a listing of satellite channels that does not include X4-130, or any other of the favorites that I have preset, but does show the X4-603 GospelG.
I am getting all the STARZ channels, but none are on the 300 series numbers shown in the SRL channel listing.
Does anyone know how I can get the channel numbers to match SRL, and to get the guide to show the STARZ channels properly?
Thanks,

Migold,
IN the past, the receiver could be powered down and count to 10, then plug back in and after the warm up on G-1-3 would reload the guide. Now we are on the new X-4, I think the same applies. You may have a conflict with the Favorite channels and the guide as mine is showing MTV for one channel I think is Style. Even the descriptions are for MTV and not Style.
Since you have websams, you could try doing the reset of options 6-7-7-8 and then 0 to clear the provider data. This could be done but you may need to log on to websams and get a rehit sent to your unit. As a last resort, try just removing the X-4 satellite and then start over with the options 6-7-7-8 and 0 and then options 6-4-4 and store the X-4 satellite again. As soon as you notice the receiver starting on channel 201 you did it.

One other thing is that my Pak said I get TV Land but I can only find it if I switch over to W-5 602 and of course there is no guide for W-5.

When I set up my receiver to get X-4, I did go to the W-5 bird first and did the Options 6-7-7-8 and 0, then Option 6-4-4 and the X-4 tile was two away from W-5 but I never moved the dish. Just selected the X-4 tile and saved it. Then called Skyvision for the Pak. The guy on the phone answered from SRL but did not offer me the websams option.

My receiver shows X-4 channel 201 for the lowest channel. Starz begins on 370-377 then the receiver jumps to the 900's for the DMX. If your receiver is not tuning these channels, then you just didn't get the info loaded.
Also I just noticed the information about the serial number issue on the web site 4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site
You may want to check this and compare with your unit. Good luck and let me know how it worked out!

My 922 has the same problem. The channels go grom the 100's to 800's instead of 200's to 900's . I asked SRL about this and they told me this wouldn't continue to work. I hope SRL is wrong since I have read that they really don't have any technicians working there only sales people. I know there are more people with the same problem but I haven't found a solution yet. I have tried every alternate procedure out there and the result is still the same.

X4 version

Have you tried going to W5 Channel 603, Options 644 Highlight X4, Enter, arrow right to Remove Settings, Enter and Exit menu screens, then pull power cord, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Let receiver do its warm up procedure, let it sit there for about 5 minutes and then Options 644 go to X4 and save it. Doing this switched my X4 channel layout over to the new version

Last edited:
I had the same problems but go to TVROPROs website and the revised instructions from skyvision will straighten everything out.
Do exactly what it says.

Oldsatdude;
I am on the road today. I had decided that I should go through the revised procedure, but have not done it yet. I will try tonight or tomorrow and let you know the result. I am fairly sure that it will solve my problem.
Thanks for the response.

Oldsatdude;
I have finally accomplished the conversion successfully. The channel numbers are now correct and I have the guide. I used the alternate procedure, and everything went fine until I got to step 2d. I could never get a DCII lite or Quality reading on G0-10. I tried many times, no success. Finally, I set it on W5-10, after removing power from the receiver and coming back up through the 'WARM UP'. Then I got a lite on W5-10, and proceeded from step 2c and was ultimately successful, by using W5-10 instead of G0-10. Dish remained in position on W5 without moving during this time.
I am really happy to have the cahnnels and the guide correctly.
Thanks!

Migold,
Glad everything worked out. Hope you could program in X-4 as well. The guide works best on that bird. Now we all can sit back and enjoy our BUD and still have a great deal on programming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts