GEOSATpro Channel List Loading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatCanuck

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Once you're done editing the channel list in Ali editor how do you put the file back on the microHD? I tried to add my edited .UDF file back to the STB & it set off the reboot problem.
Thanks in advance (new to the hobby).

Last edited by a moderator:
Please provide more information.

What firmware version and or date?

Where did the file originate?

What type of file?

What was edited?

How it was saved and the file type?

How it was loaded?

What editor was used?

Where and when was the editor software downloaded?

Load by USB?

I'm at work right now but here are the details I remember,

- firmware is the latest installed by satellite G19 Ku
the Ali editor was downloaded from Sat guys
I saved the .UDF file from the microHD to USB drive
Edited radio channels on Ali editor on PC
Saved the .UDF & put it on USB drive
Put USB drive in microHD
Selected "update by USB"
Upgrade mode "user dB"
Selected the file & hit "start"
When it was done the microHD rebooted & went into reboot cycle

If you need more details I'll be home in a few hours & I do appreciate the help.

Was ALI Editor the MicroHD version?

When did you download the ALI Editor? Another user reported an error with a previous version of the file, so we uploaded last weekend.

How do you save the .udf file in the ALI Editor? Export or Save? Be sure SAVE not EXPORT.

Yes I used the Ali Editor for microHD. It was downloaded Jan. 9, 2013 from Satguys. I did select "save" in Ali Editor before I put it back on the USB stick. would it matter that I also had defaultdb.ddf on the same stick?
Do you think it would be safe to try to load userdb.udf again or do you think it's corrupt? I also have the userdb.udf file that I have been using for the past few weeks, I would at least like to load it to get my sats, channels & favs back. I will download the new editor right now.

Download the ALiEditor that is currently posted named "ALI_Editor_GEOSATpro_microHD.zip"
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/286548-FAQ-microHD-Channel-Editing-Software
I suspect your file ALiEditor.exe is corrupt. It will run, the version information is the same and the file length is the same but it does not compare the same. It will appear to be working fine, but will corrupt some of the files edited with the program.
Before starting the ALiEditor program, check and if necessary, modify your AliEditor.ini file for it looks like:
<see below>
[Script]
Script File=C:\MicroHD\ALI_Editor_GEOSATpro_microHD\script.ini
Chip Type=M3601s
<see Above>
Of course, your Script File path will be different for your computer, but the Chip Type needs to be as above. (There is another post about setting this and changing the file read only.)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...ting-Software?

Thank you Larry for the helpful information! I downloaded the new version of the Ali Editor and will make the modifications. I got another advanced editor in the same post. Have you had a chance to try it yet?
In the meantime I loaded my working .UDF file that I have been using for about a month and got all my satellites & channels back. :)

One strange thing zip noticed on the Ali Editor when editing my radio channels. A MUX of channels on AMC 8 had a 5 digit audio pid which I never saw before. The editor would not let me edit the audio pid data. Strange indeed...

The MediaBox Studio Editor would change one of my channels I was trying to copy (COZI TV) from MPG to H264 by itself. Awaiting a new version to see if they fix the export function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)