Channel list question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
I was wondering how many channels everybody else keeps in their main FTA channel list. I carry around 65 TV and about 15 radio.

around 250 just on KU...mainly English and probably 90% of the G19 stuff is removed after a scan...that doesnt include after feed hunting :)
on C-Band around 25-30 (G16 C-Band fixed dish)

probably 1000 but i scan a lot c & ku ( when my c-band is working ) so atleast 1/2 are not active all the time from feeds and some of these feed i don't delete all the time. so i probably use a channel editor more than most and keep 20 or so backups from previous scans.

i also keep channels that are scrambled , mainly for positioning my dishes cause several time i've had some TP drop off only to be able to lock back with a strong scrambled TP

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Shocked I be! I keep mine low so that Ms. Bubba and the little Bubbas can find their way around the channel list. Just stuff that we might have some chance of watching. After a wild feed/goose hunt, I will delete stuff that I download if if isn't something that the living room herd might watch.

well i have several boxes if it was one my family used it would have less than 100 ( to help keep the confusion down)

but the family doesn't use my FTA stuff so i can play all i want lol

but an area that helps out here is the favorite list :) also playing with channel editors it helps arrange your channels and make favorite list :)

well i have several boxes if it was one my family used it would have less than 100 ( to help keep the confusion down)

but the family doesn't use my FTA stuff so i can play all i want lol

but an area that helps out here is the favorite list :) also playing with channel editors it helps arrange your channels and make favorite list :)
That makes sense. FTA is our only source of TV. Guess if I was the only one using the FTA stuff then I would have a LOT more channels. But I don't think Ms. Bubba would ever watch the Armenian folk channel. :)
I can't use the fav list cause I have to keep things real simple here. Those acorns didn't fall too far from the tree if you know what I mean.

Its just me in the house so no worries about other people screwing with my setup :)
I can't even remember what that was like!:)
Enjoy it while you can. I lived on pizza and beer for many years. Now I HAVE to sit at the dinner table and act normal.

I have 245 at the moment, all Ku, all TV, all FTA. I go around through the birds every now and then, just to see what's there, but about 99.9% of the time the dish is pointing at AMC21.

I also can depend on my setup being just as I left it...another single guy here. A diet of pizza and beer is great, but lately it's been more like ramen noodles and wine. Gotta keep the weight under control. :)

I have 245 at the moment, all Ku, all TV, all FTA. I go around through the birds every now and then, just to see what's there, but about 99.9% of the time the dish is pointing at AMC21.

I also can depend on my setup being just as I left it...another single guy here. A diet of pizza and beer is great, but lately it's been more like ramen noodles and wine. Gotta keep the weight under control. :)
All my channels are Ku.

People would call me and ask what I was doing and I would say I'm dining on fine wine and pasta. Actually it was a bottle of Ripple and SpaghettiO's out of the can.

My setup is pretty much mine only, we also have cable for the normal people in the house. Since I started using Transedit to scan for signals I've been much better at keeping the list manageable, I send only the channels to Dvbviewer that I want to keep, no need to go into the list and delete stuff.

Guess we have to expand the question. Do you use FTA as your only TV viewing source or as a hobby? We have no OTA here and no bucks for DTV or cable so it's FTA all the way here. I love it, like growing your own food or chopping your own firewood for winter. I still remember when I hit G19 Ku the first time and did a blind scan. Our only TV at the time was some analog wild feeds off G11 C-band.

Sticking it to the man and livin' off the land!!!

other than a few times I watch the Starchoice system (mainly hockey & WWE RAW) its FTA & OTA for me

other than a few times I watch the Starchoice system (mainly hockey & WWE RAW) its FTA & OTA for me
I'm from Texas and wouldn't know a blue line from iced puck. :)
According to my notes here, WFC with Joe Rogan is coming on at 1am EDT on KWBM G18. I get to stay up late on Saturday....

I was watching a boxing match the other day and right in the middle of it, a hockey game broke out-yuk yuk yuk.

Well for me, I alway DXing at night and sometime in the daytime when I am off from the work.

Like the rest of you I am single, and have my house to myself and like pasta and red wine to go with my FTA DXing toy to play with!!:D

I alway clears the memory buffer on my Fortec receiver "This poor old baby starting to have some problems.":(

I plan on getting a new reciever and the new motor for greater ranges to eastern end of southern sky.:hungry:

Now back to TV DXings!!!!:hungry::cool:

Well for me, I alway DXing at night and sometime in the daytime when I am off from the work.

Like the rest of you I am single, and have my house to myself and like pasta and red wine to go with my FTA DXing toy to play with!!:D

I alway clears the memory buffer on my Fortec receiver "This poor old baby starting to have some problems.":(

I plan on getting a new reciever and the new motor for greater ranges to eastern end of southern sky.:hungry:

Now back to TV DXings!!!!:hungry::cool:
Guess 22,000 miles would be good DX!

On my Traxis 3500 after a lot of blind scans I get a 'memory full' message. I've learned after a few times to keep a log of what stations are where so I can reload them easy.

WFC with Joe Rogan is coming on at 1am EDT on KWBM G18 or at least it used to be on. Some of the matches look like bad car wrecks.

I have 478 TV and 129 radio channels stored from FTA Ku band satellites. - I just went by the tally from Channel Master, I don't know how many are truly operational.

Most of these channels are from 97W and 123W, but there are a few from many other satellites and quite a few wild feeds/news feeds that are not always active.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)