Channel list

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
Hey Dish, why don't you freaking leave my channel list alone and quit resetting it to "my channels" every day. If I took the time to set up a custom list, then that would probably mean I intend to use it!

Which receivers do you guys have? Not all are having the problem. I know HWS seems to, but not Hopper 2000.

Just proves that different boxes are doing different things. For the longest time I stayed on Favorites, then, boom all gone..... :)

Which receivers do you guys have? Not all are having the problem. I know HWS seems to, but not Hopper 2000.
It does that with original Hopper, as well. From day one, in fact.

Believe it or not, Dish does this deliberately. They are convinced that it drastically cuts down on customer support workload. I'll bet it's just one manager/director/exec who has a bug up his butt about it, and everybody downstream goes along.

Just proves that different boxes are doing different things. For the longest time I stayed on Favorites, then, boom all gone..... :)
Only a couple of SW revs held it. But, I'll bet the buttbug-holder or one of his minions noticed it, and had them change it in the next rev. Most revs have caused it to revert to My Channels.

I have the regular hopper with S238 and it's very inconsistant. Some days it stays on Favorites and other days it switches to My Channels.

Anytime my Hopper 2000 catches the nightly update, it reverts to My Channels. If I'm up late watching and skip the update for a day, golden.
The wife, a couple mornings ago:
"Honey, how come some days we have more channels than other days?"
I had to explain that we don't really have more channels, just that dish hates me customizing the list to exclude repeats and stuff we would never watch.

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk 2

Never happened in over 15yrs! Never had a problem with the 722

I never had a problem with my 722k doing it either. Can anyone from DIRT comment on this fiasco?
Many SG members have reported it began on their 722k's and 922's in a SW update sometime before the Hopper was released.

Correct, at least at one time after a software update I remember 722 owners had the same thing. My 612's never did.

Can you explain why it isn't a standardized design? Why does it only happen on certain receivers? I could understand if Dish applied this to all of its receivers, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Maybe it is standardized, but wasn't changed on the 722k until after you got the Hopper?

It does that with original Hopper, as well. From day one, in fact.

Dish does this deliberately. They are convinced that it drastically cuts down on customer support workload.

The solution then would be for everyone to call tech-support every time it happens thus generating more calls then it saves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts