Channel list

If Dish is truly doing this by design,then why bother having favorite lists at all?They are useless if they are over ridden everyday.

If they are doing this by design (which I don't believe for a minute...sorry Dirt) then why don't they do same for Joeys? Mine was staying on Faves (for at least two months) until last Friday. No software change....just a new bug.

If they are doing this by design (which I don't believe for a minute...sorry Dirt) then why don't they do same for Joeys? Mine was staying on Faves (for at least two months) until last Friday. No software change....just a new bug.
The behavior is by design, whether you believe it or not. This is not speculation. It is fact.

As for the Joey, it has never done it. I've never gotten an explanation why not. My feeling is that most of the engineers and support people agree that it is stupid and undesirable behavior. But, zay are just following zee orders. Not programming the Joey to do it may be their way of trying to do the right thing thing.

Believe it or not, Dish does this deliberately. They are convinced that it drastically cuts down on customer support workload.

The solution then would be for everyone to call tech-support every time it happens thus generating more calls then it saves.

I cleaned up hudgreen's post, so it's easier to read. (He messed up the the quoted text.) I think he might be on to something. Fighting fire with fire might actually be some good logic here.

You know it is the 21st century after all.Most everyone knows how to operate a satellite receiver,cell phone,radio,and tv,these days.If most folks can operate a dvr,timers,etc,then I'm sure we can handle a favorites list.The whole idea of having a favorites list is to avoid channels we don't want to see.You already took away the ability to use the all channels list,please leave the favorites list alone.

You know it is the 21st century after all.Most everyone knows how to operate a satellite receiver,cell phone,radio,and tv,these days.If most folks can operate a dvr,timers,etc,then I'm sure we can handle a favorites list.The whole idea of having a favorites list is to avoid channels we don't want to see.You already took away the ability to use the all channels list,please leave the favorites list alone.

My point exactly, if I've taken the time to create a favorite list, I intend to use it.

This is getting rather annoying, can't believe Dish won't change this!
It certainly is. And, maybe if everybody called customer service to complain about their "malfunctioning" guides, the guy that keeps pushing for this stupid behavior based on supposed CS traffic might be forced to change his/her tune, as this guide behavior will cause even more CS activity.

I 100% agree with calling Dish every time your guide changes from what you wanted. I would if my receivers changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts