Channel Logos

scdown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Denver
Has anyone noticed clipping of the logos on the left side of the channel guide?

I have a 40" Sony LCD connected via HDMI, so I shouldn't have conventional overscan issues. Also, I've used the screen adjustment function to move the screen as far over to the right as I can (not really useful that way, but to try to diagnose it).

On my set, about as much as the "D" in the Discovery HD logo would get clipped.

Its an overscan issue on your TV, however you can adjust this on the 922 by adjusting the screen size. :)

NO, Scott actually the adjustment that the 922 does just moves the image so if you adjust to get the full logo you cut off the right side of the guide. Dish really needs to make the guide smaller to allow for sets that overscan.

Its not like that on mine. on mine the left side of the screen was cut off, but there was lots of room on the right.

Its all how your TV maker has the overscan setup I guess.

I have a Mitsubishi. I tried the 922 screen adjustment and it won't fit. I was told by a CSR that it is a known problem on several TVs that's being worked on. Looks to me like if Dish can make the 622 guide fit the Mits they could make the 922 fit.

I fixed this issue by using the screen size button on my TV remote. Dot by Dot is the only aspect that works without cutting off the left side. Full, Wide 1,Wide 2, 4:3 and Zoom all cut off the side.

I fixed this issue by using the screen size button on my TV remote. Dot by Dot is the only aspect that works without cutting off the left side. Full, Wide 1,Wide 2, 4:3 and Zoom all cut off the side.

It's called "just scan" on a Samsung. What kind of TV do you have? The reason I'm asking is that if other people have this problem and don't know what to do and they have the same brand it could help.

not all sets have a setting like you are describing, none of mine do. However my vizio must be designed tio do so when it gets a 1080 signal. its the only tv I have that the 922 guide fits.

It's called "just scan" on a Samsung. What kind of TV do you have? The reason I'm asking is that if other people have this problem and don't know what to do and they have the same brand it could help.

Have a Pioneer plasma.

My Samsung LN40A550 cuts off the logos in 16x9. On "just scan" the guide looks fine, but when you watch some HD shows the picture doesn't go to the edge of the screen.

Has anyone noticed clipping of the logos on the left side of the channel guide?

I have a 40" Sony LCD connected via HDMI, so I shouldn't have conventional overscan issues. Also, I've used the screen adjustment function to move the screen as far over to the right as I can (not really useful that way, but to try to diagnose it).

Pretty much everyone with the 922 has had some degree of overscan issues with the guide. You just have to adjust your tv's screen settings or find a setting that turns off the overscanning (some have this some don't).

My particular Sony does not have this feature. Took some playing around but I finally got an acceptable picture adjustment with the 922. Playing around with size and picture position.

Mine (2006 Sony KDL-40S2000) only has -1 and -2 picture size options, both of which make it worse. There's no "dot-for-dot" option like on other sets.

So, I'm hoping that Dish come out with a way to adjust size as well as position!

Its an overscan issue on your TV, however you can adjust this on the 922 by adjusting the screen size. :)

Scott, The current 922 software only has a screen position adjustment feature which moves the picture Left, Right, Up & Down but does not resize it. The first Dishplayers 7000 & 7100 also had an adjustment of screen size in addition to the adjustment of screen size that you mention. Do you know if Dish plans on incorporating the "Screen Size" adjustment in an upcoming software release? If not they should and if you could pass on the request to add it, as many members here and most 922 users could use this to fix the over-scan issues. Thanks.

Joining this conversation as I'm having the same Problem on my Sony 55inch LCD. My TV settings are the same as scdown and I 3rd the request by DVDDAD :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)