Channel Loss On 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Today, ME TV and KRBK have 80% Q on my Raydx system with the Openbox S9 receiver, which is the same system that was showing those low numbers a couple of days ago? This has got to be a problem with the satellite or the operator randomly decreasing power output.

I'm with you. It can't be our problem since more than one of us is having the same problem. I'm still wondering what's going on with the 3813 MUX. I liked those stations and can't get anything on any of them. I do get the FOX station out of Springfield. I never watch it. I have never found anything on it worth watching. I'd trade it for THIS anytime. :biggrin Just in case I don't make it back in here before Tuesday, :usa2 Happy 4th of July gang. :flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag

I just looked at the VI mux (have it as 3812 H 8029) and it's coming in here with a fairly high and consistent Q on a 10' SAMI.

Interesting. I just edited the transponder information to yours and it improved a bit, but they are still not receiving them well enough to watch them. Thanks for the info.

Is anyone having trouble with MeTV & Movies on 99W? I've been experiencing complete signal loss on these two channels from time to time. Last night about 10PM, both channels had a complete loss of signal. When I checked this morning, they were back but weak and they were breaking up. I've been without THIS and 3 other channels on this satellite for some time, but MeTV and Movies always came in.

Most of the other channels on this bird are booming in. The Lesea MUX is running 92 Signal and 85 quality and most of the others are pretty close to that. That's on the 7 1/2 foot Unimesh. I moved the 12 footer down to 99W and I'm still not getting these two channels when they are out on the smaller dish. I suspect it's some kind of interference, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I don't have any towers, cell or otherwise, visible from the dish locations, but there is 1 cell tower with wireless internet on it, but it's on the back side of the hill to the west of me.

Maybe Titanium can offer some input on this one. If I move up 1 satellite, or down one, I don't have any lost channels. Just on 99W.

Yes MeTV was off this afternoon (Sunday) on 99.0W for Columbo but luckily picked it up on SES1C 101.0W. Checked back later and it was back up on 99.0W so they are definitely playing games.

Yes MeTV was off this afternoon (Sunday) on 99.0W for Columbo but luckily picked it up on SES1C 101.0W. Checked back later and it was back up on 99.0W so they are definitely playing games.

Something's going on that's for sure. I still have one movable dish and it was off on it and the stationary 12 foot dish. They've been fickle for some time. I've had them go off right in the middle of watching a program and had to move to another satellite to get them.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Good to know I'm not the only one getting periodic weak signals on 99W, and it was only some channels. Haven't tried watching anything on there in a couple weeks.

Titanium and I believe the problem lies with terrestrial interference of some sort. I just ordered a roll of Quad Shield RG6 cable. It's an experiment to see if the interference could be piggy-backing on the coax, entering the system that way. It's a long shot, but I am willing to try different things. If it works, I'll let you know. I can't imagine it entering the system via the dish since it doesn't affect the satellites on either side of 99W.

There's nothing but open sky in front of the dish, and I am down in a narrow valley between 4 mountains. If the quad shield cable cures it, it will be a cheap fix. I saw this before when the Puerto Rican MUX went out for 6 months, and then started working again. Now, three of the channels in the PR MUX are working, with a weak signal, and now Movies and MeTV Ozark are acting up. I had trouble with the GDMX channels for a while, but haven't had trouble with them for over a year. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: Titanium
Today, ME TV and KRBK have 80% Q on my Raydx system with the Openbox S9 receiver, which is the same system that was showing those low numbers a couple of days ago? This has got to be a problem with the satellite or the operator randomly decreasing power output.

Did you by any chance notice a signal increase on MeTV HD over the weekend? I was running at 50/48%, and now it's running at 60/55%. I don't have the drop outs I had earlier, and H&I, Decades and Movies have increased by 10 points as well. Haven't had as much problems with MeTV Ozarks and Movies on Galaxy 16 either. I even watched THIS, the Caribbean and Puerto Rican channels over the weekend. I couldn't get those at all a few weeks ago.

Reactions: bigg t
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)