Channel Maps

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't believe Motorola will deliberately wipe out our current maps. They just are not going to send any more data to the 4D data stream as of Dec 31. If you choose (as of today) to remap W5 to Comcasts 410 stream a master reset will loose you all the generic and extra satellite tiles we currently get. Will this change by Jan 1? I don't know, time will tell.

My 4DTV is sitting on C4-10 (analog) and collecting dust now for the most part. I have some old old maps in it that go back to X4 days. It can do some cool stuff for hidden ITC DC2 with whats in it. I'm not loosing that to sub to W5. W5 don't offer channels I get with Direct and probably never will. I'm stuck with Direct for a contract now so I mostly watch that. I will get my moneys worth from Direct. Will I sub to 4D again? maybe if things fall into place and they can offer what I want at the price I 'm willing to pay.

I am a die hard c bander but am also looking at things as they are. The Cable cartel has won the war for now. If I want certain channels I'm forced to pizza or cable. I took the least evil route going with Direct. I HATE DISH NETWORK Charlie is the reason C band is where it is at these days. At least with Direct Charlie don't get any of my cash. I am enjoying channels I always liked and had on C band in the past again so Direct in my situation is a good thing. I'm actually glad I bit the bullet and ordered it. It also took away alot of anxiety that was happening with NPS, Motorola and the 4D. Now I can actually sit down and watch tv again without worrying what NPS was going to pull on me tomorrow.

NPS and Charlie will get there pounding for what they pulled. Charlie is getting beat up right now and loosing subs and cashflow due to the Disney and now Fox channel loses with his service. I hope he and NPS goes up in flames. Its already starting for Charlie and I'm sitting back and laughing as he burns, while enjoying all those channels on DirecTV.

Just a quick update - not sure what the issue was the other day, but I was able to download the channel maps last night on 91 (4180V).

Weird.....

Hello, I have been trying to get my 922 to rehit and get satellites back. I am currently on G1 03 w/59% signal and DC light is on. Channel count
has only gone to 755 and 0 on trip counter. I went to NPS and filled out the form for a re hit, thats been over an hour ago, with no hits on
trip counter. Is there something that I am doing wrong?? I would like to see getting W5 91w back, but I am at a stand still right now. Any and
all help would be appreciated, Thanx

Hello, I have been trying to get my 922 to rehit and get satellites back. I am currently on G1 03 w/59% signal and DC light is on. Channel count
has only gone to 755 and 0 on trip counter. I went to NPS and filled out the form for a re hit, thats been over an hour ago, with no hits on
trip counter. Is there something that I am doing wrong?? I would like to see getting W5 91w back, but I am at a stand still right now. Any and
all help would be appreciated, Thanx

Sounds like you are doing it right. My guess is your not getting the necessary hit from NPS as your trip counter has not moved. You may want to call them or SRL tommorrow. Unless, they are still open tonight? I don't know.

called NPS today and they informed me that they are not hitting anymore "Non Subscribers"
Is there a way to enter W5 manually and receive programing from that sat. I tried a soft reset
but W5 still does not show up. Stuck on "0 hits" and 755 channels. Thanx

called NPS today and they informed me that they are not hitting anymore "Non Subscribers"
Is there a way to enter W5 manually and receive programing from that sat. I tried a soft reset
but W5 still does not show up. Stuck on "0 hits" and 755 channels. Thanx

NPS gave me crap about 6 weeks ago when my guide went down. I have no programming but was told that my guide was suppose to work till the end when my subs ended in Sept. I told them to have a supervisor call me back they did and got my guide back up. When you call NPS now all you get are Dishnet sales people the c band dept is gone so you have to get to someone in charge to talk them into hitting you. You should be able to point your receiver even without a sub at G1 3 and get the maps with W5 etc. Have you got a lock on G1-3? If so do a MR and let it sit there about 30 minutes to the channel count is up.

I have a lock on G1 channel 3 w/ DC light on, did a MR and watched the channel count go from 575 to 755
but have yet to see W5 show up. I am able to veiw CSPAN on G1 7, looking for a Sat list showing position
for 4dtv sat names,IE; W5 = 91W ect. but still having trouble getting W5 to show up. Thanx

ok, just realize that W5 is not the sat I am looking for, but gb @91W is what I want. is there a way to manually input this sat. Thanx

signal oddities

My 922 4DTV has done some weird things lately. You know how the signal quality never goes above 99. Well when checking the quality it jumped to 6522 and stayed there several minutes.
After that all stations were receivable apparently in open key. Shortly thereafter everything normal.
Also seeing odd sequences of number/ letter codes on the screen.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G1-03, G1-13, G1-150, GO-05, C3-101, G0-05, GB-24, or W5-194.

Those are all the places to receive programming hits so they should all work for maps too.
[/FONT]

My 922 4DTV has done some weird things lately. You know how the signal quality never goes above 99. Well when checking the quality it jumped to 6522 and stayed there several minutes.
After that all stations were receivable apparently in open key. Shortly thereafter everything normal.
Also seeing odd sequences of number/ letter codes on the screen.

The EBNO is a better indicator of signal strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I was not the one that made that video, but with the Home/Business there on the screen it appears to be a 905 to me.

Server #15 is having MySQL problems
UPDATE: One of the server cards was found faulty. Our datacenter will replace the card in the next 8 hours and server will be brought back online.

My provider's SQL Server is currently down.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)