Channel Master Dish Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daveplot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Salisbury, MD
I received a Channel Master dish today from a friend and am wondering what I can do with it. It came off an old Wendy's Resturant. By the looks of the numbers on the back it's a 1 meter dish.

Channel Master was purchased by Andrew. Looking on Andrew's site this looks like their "1.0m Receive-Only Offset Antenna System". If this is the right dish it operates in the 10.95-12.75 ghz range.

Can this be used for receiving Ku band transmissions?

Here are a few photos:

Dish

Back of dish

LMB

LMB close up

YES you can use it for FTA, its a VERY nice dish at most you may have to change the LNBF but it looks like it has a KU LNBF on it right now! VERY NICE Pictures I think I need to give Wendy's a call right now!

And WELCOME to SatelliteGuys.US :yes

I'm trying to figure out how to put a motor on the dish such as a SG2100. When I look at pictures of that motor I don't see how it would work with the mount on the rear of my dish. Is there a motor that would work with my mount, or can I buy a new mount for the dish somewhere?

In the end the entire setup will be on a pole attached to my deck.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 194
It may work but for an SG2100 I would remove all of the mount as its too heavy (IMO), I recently seen one guys pictures who was using a similar dish and he removed the mount and used angle iron to fabricate two brackets and used two U-bolts or exhaust pipe clamps to attach the dish to the motor, he said it works great, if I find the picture I will post it here, I wonder if Wendys have any more they need removed?

Thanks, I'll see if I can come up with a mount like that. The dish weighs about 18 lbs and the mount on the back 7lbs.

Looking at the Fortec/Stab motor, the shaft sticks up, where with the SG2100 the shaft sticks down. Is this just how they are pictured, or can the motor shaft stick up or down?

The dish ended up it's from the Wendy's in Ocean City, MD which closed down about a year ago. The building was purchased by my employer and is going to be torn down and condos put up. While doing an inspection of the property I spotted the dish on the roof and was able to take it home with me.

looks like a dish they would had used for Muzak back in the KU days (I beleive most wendy's now pull their muzak via the feeds on E* (dish net), at least I see a lot of Wendys and Tim Hortons with dishes poined at 119 on them.

Congrads on your find :)

43" Channel Master Dish Installation

I finally got the dish & stab hh120 motor up on the pole.

The mount is a custom one from U-bolts, 2x4 pressure treated, and 5" galv. lag bolts. It mounts to the 2nd story of our deck. The mount is stronger than the deck, so I'll have to put some lag bolts in the deck to strengthen it.

The dish isn't aimed south yet or plumbed, but it's not far off.

There isn't any flex in the mount or pole.

Attached are a few photos.

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 201
  • dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 214
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 189
Nice work, its very high! I guess it has to be that high to "see" over the trees? I would maybe add a stabilizer against the building (roof level) to stop any wobble, even a few millimeters of a wobble in the wind can knock out your signal! Its 50mph winds here right now and the signals are hit and miss here, it looks great! :clap :clap :clap

The neighboring lot is wooded, so I have to get as high as I can.

Right now the dish is about 24' off the ground, roughly the same height as the peak of the roof. I am probably going to run some aluminum aircraft cable to the roof peak, and a few other spots. I have a couple hundred feet sitting around needing some use.

I didn't want to see the dish from the front of the house or from the road. Also being mounted here the dish is semi-protected from the wind from two directions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts