Channel Outage In Chicago

Comcast uses fiber so they are not affected. Dish is still out. No power in Wills Tower aka Sears Tower. A large portion of the building is residential. Residents are not allowed in the building. Power is still out so it's been over 30 hours.

There was a fire in an electrical vault in the Willis Tower. These channels have been out for most of the day.
CBS 2
WTTW 11
WYCC 20
WWME 23
WCIU 26
WCPX 38
WMEU 48
WJYS 62
i had to see what was going on by reading the story, the fire may have been caused by water damage to the electrical wiring of the basement floors after they got flooded out due to days of flooding rains in the Chicago area flooding out the Chicago River which is right by the Willis Tower FKA Sears Tower.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Yes. Flooding in Lower Wacker Drive affected the ComEd substation that services the tower on Monday. It was so flooded that ComEd still did not have access to the substation as of Wednesday (yesterday). News reports were indicating that ComEd may bring in generators to help restore some power capabilities.

Reactions: AZ.
Last night news showed the Chicago skyline. Willis tower was in the dark. Still no power. When residents are allowed in wait until they open their refrigerator. No power since Sunday.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
We are showing that WMEU 48 is still under an outage and affecting a number of our customers. Our Engineers are working to get the signal back up as soon as possible.
All Dish Chicago channels are back on. Sears tower is supposed to be fully powered this weekend.

meanwhile in Dallas/Fort Worth market, KDFI 27, KDFW 4 and WFAA 8 are having signal issues due to maintenance on the tower they are on at the Cedar Hill Tower Farm in Cedar Hill, TX. in fact, i know on DirecTV, KDFI'S PQ is now SD on as it seems DirecTV is using the KDFW 4.3 subchannel version of KDFI 27 until the maintenance is done. the maintenance is on WFAA's equipment on the tower and they have reduced the tower's power to work on it.

Can't find FOX 4 or Channel 27 with your antenna?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts