Channel search fail

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rushelp

Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
usa (tempe az)
Greetings everybody,

I have a receiver PowerSky PS-8210CISK, and it was working properly until few days ago. I lost all the channels, and then after turning it off and turning it back on from the back I got all the channels back. But on the second time it didn't work out that way. I have the signal strength: 81% and quality as 60%, but still every time I search for any channels no matter automatic or manual search, I get the result of "Search fail". I tried this receiver in three different locations, where different signals, however I get no channels, even though I get the channels on other receivers. So I'm positive sure it's not because of the signal.

Could you guys help me out to fix this problem?

Never heard of that rec before, I would suspect memory overloaded and can't store any more channels, or some internal problem preventing a successful scan. The usual idea that comes to mind is to factory--default the rec, cleaning out its memory, and try to start over, reloading all the sats and channels. How long has the rec been working, how many channels and empty transponders has it stored?

I did erase everything (factory default), but even after nothing had changed. I cannot scan any channels. Receiver was working I guess for like 2 years. But we didn't buy it here though.

I did erase everything (factory default), but even after nothing had changed. I cannot scan any channels. Receiver was working I guess for like 2 years. But we didn't buy it here though.

I believe your receiver was originally made for the european market and if you factory reset you have probably lost the American Satellite info firmware and also defaulted to Universal LNB. You may now have to add the US birds manually and also set up your LNB for which ever you are using before you rescan

Sorry for double post, but I've noticed something when I was trying to look for channels. In the antenna settings when I did everything the signal is 0%, but however when I search for the channels the signal is 70%, still the search fails. I have different receiver too, and I got the antenna settings from there, yet that receiver finds everything but this one doesn't.

P.S. I attached 2 images, my antenna settings and when I search.

Please could somebody help to solve this problem.

--Samir

Attachments

• ant.jpg
    ant.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 179
  • search.jpg
    search.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 149
For one thing>you have a c-band sat selected, and are searching KU freq's. That says Telstar 5-C, and has a 4digit# showing as the transponder freq it was searching. Try to select a KU band satellite in your setup menu there, where the correct freq range is selected , 11700-12200 for linear ku . (UNless you are using a big c-band dish, and you ARE trying to search c-band)

thank you for your reply turbosat.

So I selected the satellite Telstart5KU, and added the needed transponder, but still I get the 0% signal. In the menu I added Galaxy 19 satellite and added the same settings. This time in the antenna settings I receive 50% signal instead of 0%. When I search the signal goes up to 60-70, but however the search still fails. Am I on the right track or no?

P.S. although I added Telestar 5KU it still searches for 4digit number. I have no access to change that manually. Is there any other way to change that?

Last edited:
Does it have any North American satellites in its memory? You should be able to look at the transponder list for each satellite (most will have a few tps stored under each sat, some rec don't) . If you're selecting 10750 for your LO, and you have a ku lnbf and a ku dish aimed at a ku satellite, you should get ku frequencies. Now , are you sure your dish is aimed at an active satellite?

turbosat, you know I'm not sure about if the North American satellites were already in the memory. After I could not search for channels I factory reset the receiver couple times. But I might be wrong, Telestar 5C, and Galaxy 19 show pretty much the same channels? I'm a newbie to this, if Telestar 5C is considered as NA, then yes, if no then it doesn't have it. There're other satellites but I'm sure that those isn't north american, like Hotbird, Yamal. I used those in Russia.
But then I added new Satellite and new transponder manually. I get the signal of 50% but search still fails.

Samir

Sounds like you just haven't hit the satellite yet with the dish. I think I'd substitute another receiver, one known to be working, and try tuning in whatever sat you want with it, just to be sure.

I have another receiver, samsung DSB-4700.Everything works on that reciever, however the satellite that have that reciever powersky doesn't have it. So I know for sure that I have no problem with the signal.

Any other suggestions?

I'm stumped. Guess I'd have to get another rec, go for a Mercury2 or a Traxis 3500, both are good blind-scanning boxes and reasonably priced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)