Channel Signal Loss 004

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
Signal Code 12-12-11

I am seeing this message almost every time I turn on my 722K. The normal video returns if I change channels or just wait a couple of minutes. Is it dying?

It indicates your system has a problem not necessarily that the 722K is dying more information is needed for a start how good is your signal strength?

My guess is the problem is with the signal to the OTA tuner.

If your 722 is hooked up to an OTA antenna and tuned to a channel that comes and goes, when the OTA signal is lost, it triggers the entire receiver to show a "lost signal" message. This happens on my 622. When you get the "lost signal" message, if you press the guide button or menu or as you said, change the channel, the receiver goes back to working fine.

This bug was introduced in a firmware update about two years ago and it hasn't been fixed.

Just a guess.

My bet is lnb drift. I ws having he same problem with my 722. Do a System Info test and see what is reported back in box a. Had my lnb's replaced and no more problem.

I understand and agree that it is low, however a 004 error will appear if there is a problem with the multi-dish switch. This can also be caused by using incompatible or malfunctioning equipment between the receiver and the switch. We are going to need a service technician more than likely but we would want to try to correct it with a check switch test first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)