Channels I get in the guide is wrong

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
I have the SELECT package. For whatever reason the "channels I get" guide choice lists several channels that I don't in fact get such as ESPN and others. It has been that way for a long time. What gives?

I'm fine with not having ESPN and don't want it listed in the channel list either.

Channels I Get doesn't work, never has. The only time it is mostly correct is if you subscribe to the Premier package. D* has said they would fix it for years, but to their embarrassment it is exactly as broken as the day it came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: edisonprime
I have the SELECT package. For whatever reason the "channels I get" guide choice lists several channels that I don't in fact get such as ESPN and others. It has been that way for a long time. What gives?

I'm fine with not having ESPN and don't want it listed in the channel list either.
I know, it's screwed up. But from what I know in DirecTV's "Channels I Get" are channels that your dish can pick up, not what's in your package. It's been that way on all the receivers I've had too. Best thing for you to do is for you to make a favorites list. But if you do that, be sure to regularly make sure and check to see of any new channels picked up later, or ones they add to a lower package later on. That way you'll have all the channels that are in your package. But if that's too much work, keep it on "channels I get".

Channels I Get doesn't work, never has. The only time it is mostly correct is if you subscribe to the Premier package. D* has said they would fix it for years, but to their embarrassment it is exactly as broken as the day it came out.

What's sad is that what I remember from when I use to have Dish, is that theirs was correct.

Yup, it doesn't work ... that said, I don't remember them ever saying they were gonna address it.
At least in the last 5 years.

Reactions: edisonprime
Nope, a year or so ago some wag here claiming some sort of inside info said that D* was 'embarrassed' and that it was a high priority to fix it. Of course as we know, they weren't quite so bothered. So it is what it is, something that's there with virtually no value.

I have an HR34 so making a custom channel list would be a tedious process of slowly clicking through the laggy UI and often over shooting the menu choice I want or pressing the select button multiple times to get a response and then ending up deep inside the wrong menu.

I know, it's screwed up. But from what I know in DirecTV's "Channels I Get" are channels that your dish can pick up, not what's in your package. It's been that way on all the receivers I've had too. Best thing for you to do is for you to make a favorites list. But if you do that, be sure to regularly make sure and check to see of any new channels picked up later, or ones they add to a lower package later on. That way you'll have all the channels that are in your package. But if that's too much work, keep it on "channels I get".

No.

All channels is channels your set-up can see/pick up, regardless of subscription.
Channels I Get is supposed to only show the channels you subscribe to, but it never has and probably never will.

No.

All channels is channels your set-up can see/pick up, regardless of subscription.
Channels I Get is supposed to only show the channels you subscribe to, but it never has and probably never will.
Yes, I know that. I just said it's screwed up and shows what you pick up in the DirecTV guide.

Yes, I know that. I just said it's screwed up and shows what you pick up in the DirecTV guide.

That's not at all what you posted. It's not totally wrong, better than using all channels.

I use a favorites list because all the PPV and shopping channels annoy me.

The problem with that is that when a new channel is added or one is converted to HD you'd have no idea about it unless you do extensive research online.

Extensive research online consists of looking at the spreadsheet on DBStalk or the analysis post after it once a week. Or scroll through the favorites list editor once in a while...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts