This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Channels In the new TURBO HD pkgs

tinydoughboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
It was requested in another thread I post this as a new thread......again I don't know if this has been posted before me...if so ...sorry!

Attachments

• New HD Package Tiers.doc
    47 KB · Views: 1,527
Where are MGM, Smithsonian, WFN?

I rechecked the material and there is nothing on them. I would have to say they would be in the PlatinumHD package that you would get as a add-on to your Sd pkg. You would pay 20.00 a month extra like the dish ultimate. Maybe you can't get them in the TURBO???? I'll ask...

Top 100ABC FAMILY HD

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD

CARTOON HD

CNBC HD

CNN HD

DISCOVERY HD

DISNEY EAST HD

ESPN HD

ESPN2 HD

ESPNEWS HD

FOOD NETWORK HD

HD THEATER

HDNET

HISTORY HD

HOME & GARDEN TV HD

MHD

SCI-FI CHANNEL HD

TBS HD

THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD

THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD

TNT HD

TRAVEL CHANNEL

USA NETWORK HD

Top 200​
ANIMAL PLANET HD
BRAVO HD
NFL NETWORK HD
TOON DISNEY HD
WGN AMERICA HD

Top 250​
BIOGRAPHY HD
GOLF/VS HD CHANNEL
HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HD
TENNIS CHANNEL
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL HD
Top 100ABC FAMILY HD

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD

CARTOON HD

CNBC HD

CNN HD

DISCOVERY HD

DISNEY EAST HD

ESPN HD

ESPN2 HD

ESPNEWS HD

FOOD NETWORK HD

HD THEATER

HDNET

HDNET MOVIES

HISTORY HD

HOME & GARDEN TV HD

MGM HD

MHD

NBA TV HD

NHL NETWORK HD

SCI-FI CHANNEL HD

SMITHSONIAN HD

TBS HD

THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD

THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD

TNT HD

TRAVEL CHANNEL

UNIVERSAL HD

USA NETWORK HD

WORLD FISHING NETWORK HD

Top 200​
ANIMAL PLANET HD
BRAVO HD
NFL NETWORK HD
TOON DISNEY HD
WGN AMERICA HD

Top 250​
BIOGRAPHY HD
GOLF/VS HD CHANNEL
HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HD
TENNIS CHANNEL
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL HD

Good question. I bet it's a $10 add on.

My guess, too. I'm surprised HDnet is in there. I thought this would be part of the add on, given it has no SD equivalent. Looks like HDnet Movies is in the add on, though.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but does the Encore addition mean absolutes will get Encore as well?

no mention of it. I sent an email to our Dish rep that sends us the material I'll see what they say. Unless someone else knows.

Based on what I was just told: in order to get MGM, Smith, and WFN you have to subscribe to the 250 pkg with the HD add on, that it will not be included in the TurboHD pkgs. Take this for what it's worth......

Well I hate to say it, but that is absurd. What's the point in 3 HD packages if you have to get standard packages to get all the HD, unless I'm missing something.

They've lost their minds.

If I didn't already have a Dish subscription, I'd look at this and say screw this nonsense, I'm going with DirecTV.

Good question. I bet it's a $10 add on.

I thought it said as much in the press release.

Basically, the 7 channels now in "Ultimate" will continue to be a $10 add on.

No real surprises here except for the including of Encore in the Gold package...everyone kind of assumed it would only come with Starz.

My guess, too. I'm surprised HDnet is in there. I thought this would be part of the add on, given it has no SD equivalent. Looks like HDnet Movies is in the add on, though.

HD Net and HD Theatre always have it in their contracts that they must be included in the cheapest HD package. In DirecTV's case, they actually claim that they are included in the Basic SD packages.

I'm not sure how MHD managed to get on that tier though. On DirecTV, it's in the Extra package. (Note...they are also included in the "HD Essentials", so again...no surprise.)

As already mentioned, no surprise hear except Encore E HD will come with Turbo HD Gold and AT250 w/HD Gold, since the SD Encore in AT250 is the West feed and the Starz pack has the SD Encore E. Given this info, I would not be surprised to see Encore E HD in the Starz pack too. If this is the case some one could get one of the HD Bronze or Silver packs and add the Starz pack and get Encore E HD without going to HD Gold. I believe it is pretty clear that HD Platnum will include the same extra HD channels channels that are currently in HD Ultimate, except that now it will be a $10 add on for any of the basic HD packages.
I believe many here have made these packages more complicated then they are, actually I believe when all the smoke clears, these will be simpler for new and existing subs alike to understand. The only thing I do not like about these is that the Turbo HD standalone packs will initially be available to new 1st time subs only, this is wrong and E* should change this policy.

They've lost their minds.

If I didn't already have a Dish subscription, I'd look at this and say screw this nonsense, I'm going with DirecTV.

If you're already a Dish sub, then it really doesn't make a difference how confusing they make it--you still can't get the packages.

I am getting service on the 29th, with the "free" home protection Plan.
I do not want that past the Free time, would that count in cancelling
my allHD, since I would be taking that off my account? Maybe I should just tell them I don't want that at all??

Or does that even matter?

Last edited: