Channels loading slower than before

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I did a search on the forum on this topic but only older posts came up. I have the hr-24 dvr and the channels are loading a lot slower. I unplugged the unit for a few minutes but it is still a lot slower loading channels than it has been. This just started in the last 5 days. Any suggestions?

i'm having the same issue here with my HR24. and my HR20 is acting strange in the last week or so. i don't know whats up. nothing i do helps.

Ive noticed something similar as well on my HR-23 (which was already painfully slow in some cases). I havent noticed it as much on either HR-20.

Ive noticed something similar as well on my HR-23 (which was already painfully slow in some cases). I havent noticed it as much on either HR-20.
My HR-23 was taking nearly 20 sec to respond to any command, especially when first turned on. Yesterday, June 27th, I reset (red button) the receiver. Seems to have cured the long response time.

I did a search on the forum on this topic but only older posts came up. I have the hr-24 dvr and the channels are loading a lot slower. I unplugged the unit for a few minutes but it is still a lot slower loading channels than it has been. This just started in the last 5 days. Any suggestions?

Same here at my house. Started within the last few days. Maybe Directv decided to go retro - make the 24's as unresponsive as their earlier POS boxes (21's, 22's, etc).

Sounds like directv released a software update.

Now the HR 24's are slow?

I miss you Rey, But I'm glad I don't have to deal with the D* HR's.

Not one Hiccup from any of the 4 SA boxes.
Only thing I miss , is D* instant sports scores app. That was nice , But Comcast Philly and real local on the 8's eases that pain.

Maybe Directv decided to go retro - make the 24's as unresponsive as their earlier POS boxes (21's, 22's, etc).
Yea why break tradition!

Only took 6 years to profect the HR-20 thats still not perfect,and has not been in production the past 4 years.

I don't care whet new model number the give them, they're still JUNK!

Yea why break tradition!

Only took 6 years to profect the HR-20 thats still not perfect,and has not been in production the past 4 years.

I don't care whet new model number the give them, they're still JUNK!

How is this helpful? Your continueing anti Direct posting gets boring.

It's the firmware. I bet D* will claim it is the OTA channels again since that is a convenient place to point the finger, rather than the poor code writing and lack of system testing.

Sounds like directv released a software update.

Now the HR 24's are slow?

I miss you Rey, But I'm glad I don't have to deal with the D* HR's.

Not one Hiccup from any of the 4 SA boxes.
Only thing I miss , is D* instant sports scores app. That was nice , But Comcast Philly and real local on the 8's eases that pain.
hey buddy we miss you too. yeah i don't know whats going on but this dvr was pretty close to perfect and now its having some weird hiccups. lets see what happens when the new UI is introduced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)