Two dishes - one receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ben12345

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
If you move your service to a new location and discontinue service at the original location will you receiver still work on the old dish. I will be in two different locations for a couple of weeks and want to move the receiver back and forth.

I assume if service is discontinued at the first location and the dish is still there, even after service is turned off, the old dish would still work. I am only a couple of miles between the two locations.

Yes, the service will still work. The dish only receives the signals, the boxes do the authorizing.

If you're going to be bringing the receiver with you between two places with installed dishes, there's really no reason to change service unless you are moving between local channel areas and want the locals for the area you are in.

If you're moving your service (as you said) and keeping the same account, then the receiver should work at both places.

If, as Chip read your post, you're canceling the account and starting up a new one, his advice applies.

If there is a big separation (>300 miles) between the two locations, you'll likely not have access to the new location's local channels at the old location.

Note that shuttling back and forth is literally prohibited by the Customer Agreement you entered into with DIRECTV.

Why are you discontinuing service ?

Actually I am just moving service to a new location (3 miles apart) but will be going back and forth for a few weeks (overnight) and would like to move the receiver back and forth until my move is completed.

Actually I am just moving service to a new location (3 miles apart) but will be going back and forth for a few weeks (overnight) and would like to move the receiver back and forth until my move is completed.

So your Not shutting service off ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)