Channels that are included in Locals Only core package - Updated July 2022

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Other than the local channels, obviously. In other words, this is a listing of all of the "free" channels on Dish that are included in every package subscription. Dish has added many channels to this package over the last month. So, I will continue to post new updated threads each month as long as Dish continues to add new channels.

While the monthly free preview channels are also included, I am omitting those channels from this list since I maintain a separate list for those channels in another thread.

(Note: "ViP" designation on certain channels below also applies to older SD-only receivers)

71 QVC (SD and HD)
72 VALU
73 QVC3
74 HSN (SD and HD)
81 ICTV
82 FETV
83 JTV
85 EPIC
86 MALL
87 SMART
88 SHPLC
94 RENEW
95 DEAL
100 Dish Home (ViP) / Multi-Channel View (Hopper interface)
101 Dish 101 (ViP only)
102 Dish Studio (SD and HD)
103 PREVW (SD feed)
103 Hopper How To (HD feed) (Hopper interface only)
104 VALU
123 MALL
134 INFO (slate channel about Shop HQ dispute)
137 QVC (SD and HD)
198 Dish Scape 2 (streaming only) (Hopper interface only)
199 Dish Scape 1 (HD only)
210 CSPAN
213 Weather Channel Interactive (ViP) / Local Now (Hopper interface streaming app)
218 BINGE
220 MALL
221 SPREE (Hopper interface shopping app)
221 EXTRA
222 SHPLC
223 RENEW
224 EPIC
225 SALE
226 HSN2
227 JTV
228 YOUTV
229 GEMS
230 ICTV
244 INFO (slate channel about Shop HQ dispute)
255 QVC2
257 SBN
258 TBNI
259 INSP (SD and HD)
261 EWTN
262 CTN
263 DYSTR
264 IMPCT
274 SHPLC
275 YOUTV
276 SMART
277 RENEW
278 DEAL
279 CGTNN
282 VALU
286 NASA
287 HSN (SD and HD)
288 EXTRA
316 LEARN (HBO Max info channel) (HD only)
349 Dish Studio (SD and HD)
480 Adult Guard Support (simulcasts video from Dish 101)
500 ONPPV

611-11 TVPI (Hopper interface) (Polish-language channel requires 118 satellite) (Also on channel 9893 for ViP)

800 RWBYD (SD and HD) (Republic Wireless By Dish info channel)
823 BABY1

Vix TV (Spanish-language) streaming channels

Require internet-connected Hopper/Joey/Wally​
870-01 ZONAT​
870-02 LIMAX​
870-10 CCLUB​
870-11 CINER​
870-12 CINOR​
870-13 MOOVI​
870-14 FUAKA​
870-25 NC247​
870-26 AQUIA​
870-27 CRONI​
870-28 N+MED​
870-30 NVROM​
870-31 NVORO​
870-32 NVFAM​
870-33 VILNO​
870-34 TRIUN​
870-35 GALAN​
870-36 RCTV​
870-37 AMIGA​
870-38 LAS3M​
870-39 GRAND​
870-40 MCHTA​
870-41 MCHTU​
870-42 RITMO​
870-43 PONOC​
870-44 C406​
870-45 AMORE​
870-46 CUCEA​
870-47 ANGEL​
870-48 GABSO​
870-49 SEBAN​
870-50 TERES​
870-51 DIDNO​
870-52 JULAV​
870-53 MIGOB​
870-54 SORTI​
870-55 REBEL​
870-56 HQEDN​
870-57 LAUSU​
870-58 PODRO​
870-65 ROSAG​
870-66 COMOD​
870-67 LAPRO​
870-68 40Y20​
870-69 SELEC​
870-76 LUCHE​
870-77 VECIN​
870-78 JAJA​
870-79 RISAS​
870-80 NOLGU​
870-81 HERON​
870-82 UFADD​
870-85 COCTV​
870-86 VIXE​
870-90 ALEBR​

880 HITN
881 V-ME
882 SHPLC
883 VALU
884 CGTNE
4385 TBNI
9393 3ABN
9403 BYUTV
9410 LINK
9411 ENLC
9415 FSTV

Vix TV (Spanish-language) streaming channels

Require internet-connected Hopper/Joey/Wally
Dish has been slowly adding these each week (except for last week) on Wednesdays. With more than 100 free streaming channels available in the Vix TV app, I had been wondering how Dish was going to cram them all into one collapsible channel. Today we have an answer.

Dish just added a new category, Vix+, on collapsible channel 871. There are 16 channels labeled VIX1 through VIX16, on corresponding channels from 871-01 through 871-16. These appear to be alternate channels for TUDN futbol (soccer) coverage. Currently, the only one actually showing a game is 871-02. The rest are slate channels at the moment.

Edit: as soon as I finished typing the above, actual programming started showing up on the remaining channels also. It appears to be the same game duplicated on all of the channels, but the feed on 871-02 is almost 20 minutes farther along than the other channels.

Last edited:
Okay, now we are back to slates on all of them except 871-02, and that feed started over from the beginning of the game. I am not sure what is going on here. It seems that Dish still had some technical kinks to work out with these channels.

I will also note that as I flip through these channels, the Sling logo appears on the left side of the banner at the top of the screen, but they are labeled with the Dish logo in the guide.

Edit: after I typed the above, the slates on the remaining channels changed. There is now a countdown clock to the next scheduled game.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will also note that as I flip through these channels, the Sling logo appears on the left side of the banner at the top of the screen, but they are labeled with the Dish logo in the guide.
Update: I forced a guide update through the menu. This still did not provide any actual guide info for these channels. (They all just say "Regularly Scheduled Programming.") However, the Dish logo now appears in the banner where the Sling logo had been.

I'm not sure exactly when these changes occurred, but here is what I have noticed so far this week:

The Kids' Binge-A-Palooza app (channels 148, 306, and 822) is gone. This app lasted longer than the associated free preview from last month. I am assuming that was because Dish is advertising an offer for Kids Pack for free for one month. That offer appears in the banner at the bottom of the on-screen guide.

Dish just added a new category, Vix+, on collapsible channel 871. There are 16 channels labeled VIX1 through VIX16, on corresponding channels from 871-01 through 871-16. These appear to be alternate channels for TUDN futbol (soccer) coverage.
Sometime last week, channel 871 (Vix+) disappeared. I am not sure if these channels had been added by mistake, or if they only show up in the guide whenever there are actually games scheduled on them.

Other than taking the time to view each of these channels, how do mere mortals decipher what is on them, or weather it is worth our while to even tune in once.

Reactions: N6BY
Other than taking the time to view each of these channels, how do mere mortals decipher what is on them, or weather it is worth our while to even tune in once.
You could use Google.

Reactions: jerryez
The program names and logos are listed in the guide. Most of these Vix channels run a loop of episodes of the same program. In other words, each TV series has its own dedicated channel. I could post a list of the titles next to the EPG abbreviations. I didn't take the time to do that before, because I didn't know if there would be enough interest here to make it worth the effort. Keep in mind that these titles are still in Spanish, so you would still need to translate them to English.

870-01 ZONAT - Zona TUDN
870-02 LIMAX - Lo Mejor de Liga MX
870-10 CCLUB - Cine Club
870-11 CINER - Cine Retro
870-12 CINOR - Cine de Oro
870-13 MOOVI - Moovimex
870-14 FUAKA - Fuakata!
870-25 NC247 - Noticias Univision 24/7
870-26 AQUIA - Aqui y Ahora
870-27 CRONI - Cronicas
870-28 N+MED - N+ Media
870-30 NVROM - Novelas de Romance
870-31 NVORO - Novelas de Oro
870-32 NVFAM - Novelas en Familia
870-33 VILNO - Villanos de Novela
870-34 TRIUN - Triunfo del Amor
870-35 GALAN - Galanes
870-36 RCTV - RCTV
870-37 AMIGA - Amigas y Rivales
870-38 LAS3M - Las 3 Marias
870-39 GRAND - Grandes Parejas
870-40 MCHTA - Muchachitas
870-41 MCHTU - Muchachitas Como Tu
870-42 RITMO - Novelas con Ritmo
870-43 PONOC - Pongalo Novela Club
870-44 C406 - Clase 406
870-45 AMORE - Amores Verdaderos
870-46 CUCEA - Cuidado con el Angel
870-47 ANGEL - Angelique
870-48 GABSO - Gabriel Soto
870-49 SEBAN - Sebastian
870-50 TERES - Teresa
870-51 DIDNO - Divas de Novelas
870-52 JULAV - Juana la Virgen
870-53 MIGOB - Mi Gorda Bella
870-54 SORTI - Sortilegio
870-55 REBEL - Rebelde
870-56 HQEDN - Hasta Que el Dinero Nos Separe
870-57 LAUSU - La Usurpadora
870-58 PODRO - Poderosas
870-65 ROSAG - La Rosa de Guadalupe
870-66 COMOD - Como Dice el Dicho
870-67 LAPRO - La Promesa
870-68 40Y20 - 40 y 20
870-69 SELEC - La Seleccion
870-76 LUCHE - La Familia P. Luche
870-77 VECIN - Vecinos
870-78 JAJA - JAJAJA
870-79 RISAS - Risas de Oro
870-80 NOLGU - Nosotros los Guapos
870-81 HERON - Los Heroes del Norte
870-82 UFADD - Una Familia de Diez
870-85 COCTV - Cocina TV
870-86 VIXE - ViX
870-90 ALEBR - Alebrije

(Note: I did not take the time to look for the special characters to put the proper accent marks above some of the letters in many of the titles above. So, please don't sue me for my terrible Spanish.) :biggrin

There is a new App channel in the guide on channel 182, promoting the Coral Reef Dish Scape while advertising for Discovery's Shark Week. If you select this App channel, it will change the video in the upper-right corner of the screen to the Dish Scape without exiting the guide, so you can continue to look for something else to watch while the Scape plays in the background. I think this is a good idea, and I have been wanting to see a feature like this for quite a long time. I wonder if Dish is planning to do this for every Dish Scape going forward: put an App channel in the guide next to the channel that is sponsoring that particular Scape.

Since Dish seems to have slowed down on the new channel additions to Locals Only, next month I will start a new series of Uplink Report threads. That way, everyone can go through their guide every Wednesday afternoon to look for any changes to the channel lineup, and have a convenient place to report those changes. Since it looks like we are not going to have any kind of "official" uplink report ever again (not that James Long's site was ever official to begin with) it is up to all of us to look for and archive any changes that we happen to see. Thanks for your cooperation in this effort, and see you in the new thread in August!

Since it looks like we are not going to have any kind of "official" uplink report ever again (not that James Long's site was ever official to begin with) it is up to all of us to look for and archive any changes that we happen to see. Thanks for your cooperation in this effort, and see you in the new thread in August!

What is needed to have a computer that can capture the uplink? I know it involves thousands of lines of code to clean up in a usable form, but just to capture the information... is it taking the cable from a satellite dish and finding a coax to usb adapter that plugs into the computer and you run some software on the computer? Or is there a lot of expensive hardware you need to do it?

What is needed to have a computer that can capture the uplink? I know it involves thousands of lines of code to clean up in a usable form, but just to capture the information... is it taking the cable from a satellite dish and finding a coax to usb adapter that plugs into the computer and you run some software on the computer? Or is there a lot of expensive hardware you need to do it?
My idea is to have a thread here similar to the Dish Channel Lineup Updates thread over at DBSTalk, but do it as a series of monthly threads (more like James's former monthly uplink activity threads) instead of one long Channel Lineup Updates thread. This forum tends to be a lot more active than their General Dish Discussion forum. So, there should be a lot more posts here, once people get used to the idea of looking for changes and reporting those changes themselves. Obviously, that would not tell us about any channels that are not available to the public yet, but at least it would be something. That way, if anyone has a question about when a particular channel was added, or when it changed packages, there may be a record here showing approximately when that change happened.

As far as James's process for capturing the uplinks, all we know for sure (based on what he posted at his site) is that the capture system is down. This, combined with his specific request not to ask him about it (in his final uplink post) lead me to believe that whatever process he had been using no longer works, and will no longer work in the future. He had speculated before that Dish might change something about the way they do uplinks, so that the uplink report system would no longer work.

Another possibility is that someone from Dish hit James with an official "cease and desist" order, due to the uplink reports technically leaking proprietary information. Again, the fact that he requested that we not ask him about it leads me to believe that he may be subject to a gag order.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
My idea is to have a thread here similar to the Dish Channel Lineup Updates thread over at DBSTalk, but do it as a series of monthly threads (more like James's former monthly uplink activity threads) instead of one long Channel Lineup Updates thread. This forum tends to be a lot more active than their General Dish Discussion forum. So, there should be a lot more posts here, once people get used to the idea of looking for changes and reporting those changes themselves. Obviously, that would not tell us about any channels that are not available to the public yet, but at least it would be something. That way, if anyone has a question about when a particular channel was added, or when it changed packages, there may be a record here showing approximately when that change happened.

As far as James's process for capturing the uplinks, all we know for sure (based on what he posted at his site) is that the capture system is down. This, combined with his specific request not to ask him about it (in his final uplink post) lead me to believe that whatever process he had been using no longer works, and will no longer work in the future. He had speculated before that Dish might change something about the way they do uplinks, so that the uplink report system would no longer work.

Another possibility is that someone from Dish hit James with an official "cease and desist" order, due to the uplink reports technically leaking proprietary information. Again, the fact that he requested that we not ask him about it leads me to believe that he may be subject to a gag order.
A gag order for James..........oh the irony.:smug

There is a new App channel in the guide on channel 182, promoting the Coral Reef Dish Scape while advertising for Discovery's Shark Week. If you select this App channel, it will change the video in the upper-right corner of the screen to the Dish Scape without exiting the guide, so you can continue to look for something else to watch while the Scape plays in the background. I think this is a good idea, and I have been wanting to see a feature like this for quite a long time. I wonder if Dish is planning to do this for every Dish Scape going forward: put an App channel in the guide next to the channel that is sponsoring that particular Scape.
The Dish Scape App channel has been removed from 182, and no new App channel has been added yet. I'll check again when the new Scapes start tomorrow. Perhaps this feature is only for special events like Shark Week, and will not be used for the regular Scapes (even though almost every Scape is sponsored by some channel, even if no specific show is being advertised). I still say this App was a nice feature while it lasted.

I fear that you are right. There used to be a member here (forget his name) who could not only capture the guide downlink, which was unencrypted, but also the firmware downlink. He'd decompile or otherwise use the "strings" command to figure out what disks were amenable to which Dish receivers. He received such a cease and desist order. Boggles the mind since (1) it was unencrypted and (2) he was only helping Dish customers.

Because the pressure of the office of "Super Moderator" is too great.;)
I don't know. There seems to be a lot less moderation overall happening over there, ever since the change in ownership. Perhaps the moderators got new orders from on high? I suppose the reverse could be true, and there is actually much more moderation. It is just that everything gets deleted (even any "warnings" posted by the moderators) before I ever get a chance to see it. :eeek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts