Channels that need rename/rebrand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
What channels do you think need a rename/rebrand..for example MTV means music television and all it really shows is reality style programming. Also Great American Country and CMT are moving away from music video programming and are now focusing on reality and lifestyle programming. Also LMN seems to have more regular programming than actual movies. Also I think INSP has totally moved away from religious programming and is now focusing on 'classic' TV shows

Many channels have lost their original focus from when they were first started. AMC, TLC, MTV, VH1, and a bunch of others just keep their name for brand recognition purposes I would imagine. However MTV and I think MTV 2 play music videos in the early morning for 3 hours or so. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I never watched TLC in my life, but absolutely love, My Strange Obsession, My Extreme Addiction and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I never in my life thought I'd watch TLC. Never in my life thought I'd watch History either until Pawn Stars first came out in 2010. A&E uses to be Arts & Entertainment. Screw that artsy fartsy high brow crap! A&E has been one of my most watched watch channels, between the Storage Wars and it's two spinoffs, Shipping Wars, Duck Dynasty, Barter Kings, The Glades, Longmire, Bates Motel and as of Monday, The Returned. I for one am so glad A&E dropped the 'Arts'.

HGTV and Food Network have turned into reality and competition show channels, the type of programming that used to be shown on them now airs on sister channels DIY and Cooking Channel. Never really watched Food Network before either but I love the Tyler Florence competition shows.

American Heroes Channel isn't the only one trying to be the new Hitler Channel. Newsmax also has Hitler documentaries. All the rest of Newsmax's shows are opinion. People were aghast over Fox Business Network putting on Imus in the Morning. CNBC should talk, they air IndyCar and Formula One races that NBC and NBC Sports Network do not cover. HLN, which used to be Headline News, is now airing movies once a month. The only show that airs headlines is Morning Express with Robin Meade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts