Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Getting hit by lighting

come on up and help me get my c-band going. I need a control box and about 800ft of twin-coax/control so I can watch my ISS coverage.

With 800 feet of coax, I would worry big time about lighting hits. The more coax you have the more you have to worry about thunderstorms & lighting.

With 800 feet of coax, I would worry big time about lighting hits. The more coax you have the more you have to worry about thunderstorms & lighting.

Quad shield & grd it at the dish to reduce problems w/ lightening. I wonder what kind of line amp you are going to need to power that long of a run.

An 800' run might not work out too well. We have members with 100 - 250' runs, but I've never heard of someone attempting an 800' run. You'll definitely want to use the best RG-11 you can find, and although I dislike recommending them, a powerful amp.

Ah yes NASA tv. I use to watch it with the kids when it was available. For your information 2010 model year Sony blu-ray players have NASA app with NASA programing. It is not the same as NASA tv channel but it is not bad.
I think it should be available nation wide as one of PBS's sub channels as it is paid for by tax payers money and it is educational television.

Last edited:
I have a 2010 model Sony Blu-Ray player (the BDP-S570), I'll have to check out that app. Does it stream NASA-TV, or is it another multimedia source from NASA?

Those latest Sony BD players are some of the best yet. The BDP-S470 and up will play Blu-Ray 3D, and their media playback capabilities via USB are excellent as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)