Chaparral Corotor II+® Dual Band Feedhorn and ku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
How well does this lnb work on ku signals?Will it fit on the fortec 180cm dish that sadoun sells?Is it better than the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF for both ku and cband on one dish?

The Corotor will work better than combo C/Ku LNBFs, but keep in mind you'll need a receiver that can control a polarotor (such as a Pansat 2700 or an analog receiver).

Don't know if it will fit the 180 Fortec or not...

Note that it may just be a feedhorn assembly, and probably don't have lnb's with it. That's all the Corotor II+ is, an assembly. Not seeing a picture, I can't confirm, so it could have them with it, but probably not. If it does, you're probably talking $300+ on cost, and that's if it has the cheapest possible lnb's. And, Dual Band is not the same as Dual lnb. It means it has both C-band and ku-band lnb capability.
As Tron said above, it should/will work better than the BSC621-2 C/ku lnbf. And it should also fit onto the 180cm dish. Although I don't have one, I would think so?

Al

Thats a feedhorn, depending on what lnb's you put on the feedhorn it has the ability to be much better than any lnbf's.

Good lnb's for that feedhorn would be the Norsat 8115 for C-band and the Norsat 4106A for Ku-band.

The chap corotor II plus and the ADL RP3 are great c/ku feedhorns.

You may want to look at getting the Sat AV 240cm dish, and arm it will work much better on C-band.

Last edited:
wildboys said:
How well does this lnb work on ku signals?Will it fit on the fortec 180cm dish that sadoun sells?Is it better than the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF for both ku and cband on one dish?

The feedhorn should fit fine on the Fortec 180cm or 240cm c-band dishes.

It is an expensive solution as the other members mentioned. I would recommend you start with a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF and see how it works for you.

Best of luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts