Chaparral Monterey 100C Plus Satellite Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi thanks for the help. I was very surprised that after being in the satellite business for 42 years I did not have the Monterey 100c, since I have manuals going back to the Luxor 9540. I decided to dig deeper and found the manual, misfiled with Sierra III's. I have scanned and attached in case anyone else needs it.

Attachments

• monteray 100c plus manual.zip
    45.6 MB · Views: 198
Hi thanks for the help. I was very surprised that after being in the satellite business for 42 years I did not have the Monterey 100c, since I have manuals going back to the Luxor 9540. I decided to dig deeper and found the manual, misfiled with Sierra III's. I have scanned and attached in case anyone else needs it.
Downloaded and bookmarked it just in case. Thanks! :):thumbup

Is there any way to update the firmware or DB of this equipment? I'm trying to add more satellites but I can't find the option for my firmware version...

I seriously doubt it, it's far too old. Chaparral is out of business now also since, 2019.
Thanks for posting the 100C manual, I just found my 200C and spent a couple days updating it as a positioner for my fta horizon to horizon ku dish setup (P* dish with Eagle H2H mount.). I had no issues adding and renaming all the new fta satellites from 30west to 139 west. (did have to erase some old preset analog channels on a few satellites to make room). Anyone know of a source for the 100C control software that you can use through the rs232 serial link ?
I seriously doubt it, it's far too old. Chaparral is out of business now also since, 2019.

Thanks for posting the 100C manual, I just found my 200C and spent a couple days updating it as a positioner for my fta horizon to horizon ku dish setup (P* dish with Eagle H2H mount.). I had no issues adding and renaming all the new fta satellites from 30west to 139 west. (did have to erase some old preset analog channels on a few satellites to make room). Anyone know of a source for the 100C control software that you can use through the rs232 serial link ?
Oh also is the memory card in the 100/200C a regular pcmci or something special ?

They are great receivers - I was a Chaparral client - I still have the Cheyenne, Sierra 3, Monterey 55 as well as the "precious" 200C. The first 3 were my home receivers and now need repairs - probably battery or RIFA cap damage (and hopefully only to the GI videocypher boards mounted below and not the receivers themselves - have to open up one of these days and see the extent of the damage). They all still powerup but have database and operation corruption. Chaparral made great hardware.
I'm still looking for the non demo version :) of DBMdemo.exe (DBM.exe ?) for the M100C. Hopefully now that Chaparral is out of business, it can be released to the FTA TVRO community. Almost all uplinks had this somewhere - especially PBS and school affiliates that used the 100C.

Is there any way to update the firmware or DB of this equipment? I'm trying to add more satellites but I can't find the option for my firmware version...
To add new satellites to the 100C/200C (if using as a positioner) just take an existing satellite position and then press Menu 1 - use the east west keys to move to a new position, and then press Cancel on remote. A dialogue will pop up and instead of hitting the enter key to store the new position for the current satellite, press the Satellite key on remote and a new Satellite is automatically created. you can then rename it in Menu 4 etc...
For those still using the M100/115/200C as positioners, if I can find the database manager software (DBM) to download the satellite list, I'll happily share the new 2023 satellite database that I manually created (positions from 30 west to 139 west).
HTH

Attachments

• 20230615_125426.jpg
    20230615_125426.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230615_125434.jpg
    20230615_125434.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: jdavid22 and FTA4PA
I will give it a try, I am very grateful for the tip.

To add new satellites to the 100C/200C (if using as a positioner) just take an existing satellite position and then press Menu 1 - use the east west keys to move to a new position, and then press Cancel on remote. A dialogue will pop up and instead of hitting the enter key to store the new position for the current satellite, press the Satellite key on remote and a new Satellite is automatically created. you can then rename it in Menu 4 etc...
For those still using the M100/115/200C as positioners, if I can find the database manager software (DBM) to download the satellite list, I'll happily share the new 2023 satellite database that I manually created (positions from 30 west to 139 west).
HTH
I will give it a try, I am very grateful for the tip.

Reactions: hdtvman