Chaparral Monterrey 90

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elzipa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Near Calgary, AB
I am looking for a reciver to move my BUD and slave it with my Pansat 9200hd and there is a guy selling a Chaparral Monterrey 90 for $50.

I have not been able to find any information of that receiver (manuals, specks, etc)

Question is this reciver good for the work these days the way I am planning to use it?
Thanks

Looks like a basic analog receiver - good for dish mover & polarity...
I found these (add http:// in front!)
myweb.accessus.net/~090/monty.html
ww.chaparral.net/support/faqs/monterey.html
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/981492852.html

An online manual of sorts here:
hxxp://www.satellitehelp.com/chapmonterey_index.asp
Those were a high end receiver in the day. I almost bought one back around 1991, they were going for a little over $2000(canadian) at the time. Should move your bud just fine.:) Look for the Monterray 95 in the link, I think that was the later version of the 90.

I had a Monterey 50 from from 1990 till I got my 4DTV in 2006. That receiver was great it did everything even made me coffee :) Payed over $1500 for it. Too bad the remote died and with the demise of analog It wasn't worth trying to find a new one (they quit making the remote years ago) I decided it was time for the 4DTV.

I plugged the thing in the other day after sitting for a couple years and the thing won't even boot right anymore. :( I checked the lithium battery and it had only three tenths of a volt in it. I guess it lost all my custom settings. I think if I replaced the battery & did a master reset it would come back to life. Then I could use it as a analog receiver with 1990 settings but with no remote it wouldn't be able to do much.

Thanks for your responses... I will check either this thing still works...
It looks that all those rceivers use a Littium battery and some how it has to be changed time to time.

Just curiosity why these boards need a battery and they are not like other receivers that do not have one...? Does it need to keep something alive inside?

Monterey 90 was the highend receiver of the late 80's.

It was often called the Rolls-Royce of receivers, way ahead of the competetion with nice unique features.

Buy it if you need it.

sorry to interupt, but i am also looking for a receiver to move my 10' c/ku dish it came with a echostar SRD-4000 that won't turn on, would it happen to have a battery in it? but if not what else could i use to rotate the dish would a 4DTV receiver work or do i have to go with an analog receiver which i haven't be able to find.

cabral: If you are looking for an analog receiver, O'Rourke Sales Co. in Davenport , IA has some new sealed in box Next Wave listed on EBay. I bought one for $15 plus shipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)