Chaparral Polorotor Feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I'd like to replace my WSI NS741 LBNF with something else. I'm looking at the Chaparral Polorotor Feedhorn (c-band only). I already have a California Microwave LNB that I could use with it. My question is, is the skew control automatic, or do I have to have a polarity control for it. I'm having some unexplained interference problems (image freezes, signal drop outs). What would the benefits of using an Orthomode Feed be? Thank you in advance for your guidance :D.

What would the benefits of using an Orthomode Feed be?
If you have more than 1 receiver to feed or do not want to use a second device to control skew.

My question is, is the skew control automatic, or do I have to have a polarity control for it.
You need something to control the Skew - many use an old C Band receiver or 4DTV receiver.

I'd like to replace my WSI NS741 LBNF with something else. I'm looking at the Chaparral Polorotor Feedhorn (c-band only). I already have a California Microwave LNB that I could use with it. My question is, is the skew control automatic, or do I have to have a polarity control for it. I'm having some unexplained interference problems (image freezes, signal drop outs). What would the benefits of using an Orthomode Feed be? Thank you in advance for your guidance :D.

You can just use the polarity controller you bought from Rick. It should work fine now that you solved that signal loss problem.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)