This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Chaparral Servo Motor Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I put the original Chaparral Dual Band Horn back on my Pinnacle. The servo motor that came with it was burnt out and I took it off some time ago. Tomorrow, I'll be getting a new servo from Chaparral. Is there any specific way that it has to be set up? I'll be using one of the Polarity Controllers from Rick's to control it.

My way of setting it up would be to take the horn inside the house close to the receiver and hook it up. Set the skew control on the Polarity Controller to the center of it's range. With the servo wired up (but not installed on the horn), tune to a horizontal TP. By hand, set the tuner on the horn to the horizontal position. Set the adaptor on the servo to line up (as close as possible) with the tuner slot on the horn. Then bolt it up to the horn. Should be pretty close to where it's supposed to be. I'll then tune back and forth from V to H TP's to insure that it works before heading up to the roof.

Is that a good way to do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.