Charged $15 for service call for tech to install dish on a pole

He wasn't charged for custom work by the installer. He was charged by Dish for a service call because the installation wasn't finished the first day. Again, It would have been totally fine if the installer said you need a pole mount and it costs $x for that custom job. That isn't what happened though. The installer was being a nice guy and doing the pole mount for free. The customer was then charged by Dish because he had to come out a second time to finish the initial installation.

The whole thing seems silly over $15 and the fact that Dish covered him with credits makes it a non issue. A customer still shouldn't be charged for a service call to finish a first time installation though especially when they weren't told that they would be.

Sounds as if he wasn't charged the first $15 for the first visit on the service call and they waited to do the bill add of $15 after the 2nd follow up Work order for the pole was completed - pretty common as in don't charge till all the work is done. Either way this is dirt cheap and something that shouldn't have been argued over or even credits given by Dish. And people wonder down the road why their bills are so high when Dish is eating these fee's left and right.

Sounds as if he wasn't charged the first $15 for the first visit on the service call and they waited to do the bill add of $15 after the 2nd follow up Work order for the pole was completed - pretty common as in don't charge till all the work is done. Either way this is dirt cheap and something that shouldn't have been argued over or even credits given by Dish. And people wonder down the road why their bills are so high when Dish is eating these fee's left and right.

The thing is the first one wasn't a service call. It was his installation as a new customer. The second visit was to finish his original installation that wasn't completed the first day. That is the part I think is wrong. You shouldn't have to pay for a service call to get your dish installed as a new customer.

I agree that this doesn't need to be argued about in this thread anymore though. The customer has been taken care of and moved on.

He wasn't charged for custom work by the installer. He was charged by Dish for a service call because the installation wasn't finished the first day. Again, It would have been totally fine if the installer said you need a pole mount and it costs $x for that custom job. That isn't what happened though. The installer was being a nice guy and doing the pole mount for free. The customer was then charged by Dish because he had to come out a second time to finish the initial installation.

The whole thing seems silly over $15 and the fact that Dish covered him with credits makes it a non issue. A customer still shouldn't be charged for a service call to finish a first time installation though especially when they weren't told that they would be.

?I posted the list primarily in response to previous posts about installers charging for a pole mount. DISH's business rules state that, while maybe they're custom, among other items, Pole mounts are part of an SPI and are to be included at no additional charge to the customer. I agree, the $15 service call to complete the original install was an error and was more than made up for with the credits applied to the OP's account.

Nothing wrong with the OP's post, until that is the final sentence. Once again, no matter what, someone is getting something for free and it makes them feel like they should be irritated. Feeling like being irritated would be paying the $15 when you believed it to be a mistake with no satisfaction from DISH. Looking at it as ending up as seeing DISH not only fixing what appears to be a mistake but giving something extra for a mistake is being happy getting an extra $15.

Should I just take my $15 and forget about it? Or would this irritate you too?

Josh

I jumped to the end, but if anybody suggested doing it yourself, the pole and concrete together cost $15.

Also it is corporate policy to not dig without utilities marked.

Hi all,

I just checked my bill and DISH charged me $15 because digital dish didn't permanently install the dish on a pole when they installed everything else. The tech scheduled a visit the next weekend for them to come dig the hole and mount the dish. I checked my bill today and there was a $15 charge for the sunday they came out. Is this a normal business practice? I IM'd DISH today and they couldn't refund the whole $15 so they are refunding $5 for 6 months, so I am making out with $15. However I think this is a terrible business practice and am kinda disappointed because if i wouldn't have checked my bill i would have lost out.

Should I just take my $15 and forget about it? Or would this irritate you too?

Josh

?WOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts